Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Yashahime; what are your predictions?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Yashahime; what are your predictions?
BoundlessAether
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Yashahime; what are your predictions? 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Just a matter of weeks! Anyone else holding their breath of the parental outcomes?

I am holding onto the 5% chance that Rin isn't actually the baby momma. Alot of the reservations I have about this pairing have been posted elsewhere in the forum. I personally feel Kohaku and Rin were a sweet pair, especially given their interactions with eachother in the manga. I think that often gets overlooked. I'm not on the Rin-Got-Sesh train until its officially confirmed. ; _;

On that note, I actually think it'd make the story more interesting to have Rin witnessing the changes Sesshoumaru experiences as a bystander. She's watch a daiyoukai have his heart change enough to take a human mate, and how her faith in him being a good individual might've helped him grow into that role more. And how her ability to see good in the bad could bleed into other characters around her while she's living with Kaede in the village. I love Rin to bits, I'd love to see her character explored more than being a Sesshoumaru disciple/groomed baby factory. That feels sadly too convenient storywise.

It also leaves a mystery as to whom finally melted Sesshoumaru's heart, and would be a wonderful story climatic moment... like we go through a majority of the season guessing that mystery, and if Takahashi remains hands-on with the project I'm willing to suspend belief that it will be a good twist.

Given that its revealed Monoha grew up without Inuyasha and Kagome, I'm guessing the parents might've been largely absent due to being trapped someplace, or have some circumstance that removed them from being with their children. I really can't picture Inuyasha being cool not being near his daughter, given how much he loved his mother and the absence of Touga was a massive blow. Same with Kagome, since family is important to her back in the shrine I imagine she'd fight hell to be close to hers in the feudal era. I also think Sesh is too proud to be absent from his kids', either. Especially with Rin's influence, watching over her and all.

(also, anyone morbidly looking forward to Inukimi being snide as hell with Sesshoumaru over her grandkids? I am praying for ultimate sass.)

Despite Inuyasha and Kagome being the canon couple, I'm still goin' to be blazing thru the SessKag tag shamelessly. <3 God bless fanfiction.

Eagerly looking forward to what twists fanfic writers will come up with, I have no doubt Seshs' twin daughters will be subjected to some creative liberties and have Kagome as the parent.

So, any thoughts? Theories? Yays? Nays? Excitements? Dreads? :- )

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/09/14 20:13 By BoundlessAether.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ashley
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Yashahime; what are your predictions? 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
Totally with you about being excited!!! But can’t see Rin being the baby mama. I mean if it is it is, but hey. Plus toga gets adopted by Souta in the future.....I would love to see it twist that Kagome is the mom. Also what’s with the whole demon slayer thing, why did sessh kids train to do that?
I mean yes Yasha’s daughter can fire holy arrows but wasn’t Rin being trained by Kaede cause she had some holy powers? I can see Rin and Yasha more than Sessh and Rin. Maybe it’s the Kag/Sess shipper in me. I have been reading it for at least 15 years. Also, maybe it’s cause I have read so much fanfic. Who knows maybe the writers for the show have too

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/09/19 14:31 By ashleekyle. Reason: Wording
BoundlessAether
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Yashahime; what are your predictions? 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Ashley wrote:
Totally with you about being excited!!! But can’t see Rin being the baby mama. I mean if it is it is, but hey. Plus toga gets adopted by Souta in the future.....I would love to see it twist that Kagome is the mom. Also what’s with the whole demon slayer thing, why did sessh kids train to do that?
I mean yes Yasha’s daughter can fire holy arrows but wasn’t Rin being trained by Kaede cause she had some holy powers? I can see Rin and Yasha more than Sessh and Rin. Maybe it’s the Kag/Sess shipper in me. I have been reading it for at least 15 years. Also, maybe it’s cause I have read so much fanfic. Who knows maybe the writers for the show have too

Yeah, I'll be open Rin as mom if it comes to it, albeit begrudgingly. Won't stop me from superimposing my headcanons though. :B

I was wondering that myself at first, but the fact that Kohaku was also part of Sesshoumaru's group, I'm assuming when he went off training to be a better slayer by accompanying Sesh, than remaining with Sango at Kaede's village. Sesshoumaru would be a magnet for strong monsters, which would be perfect for Kohaku to slay. Sesshoumaru might've seen that strength as an asset and allowed his daughter to train under him. Maybe Sesh sees it as less of 'slaying his kind' and more 'fighting strong foes', since he respects power.

And yes, I do enjoy that Towa has connections to the Higurashi's as canon; Sesh and Kagome are connected in some way! Papa Souta was such a fantastic twist. I do hope Kagome's mom and grandpa are kicking around, considering... Kaede is very much still around as well.

Inuyasha and Rin is a new pairing I hadn't considered! Rin and Kohaku have been my go to. :- )

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.