Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Which one do you prefer?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Which one do you prefer?
sesshomarupatrick
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Which one do you prefer? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 26
Please answer to appease my curiosity + get some ideas for creating or pass & Take good care on yourself and your loved ones. *hugs!*

And of course, if there is no answer to what you think in the option I have provided, you can freely describe your thoughts. Plus, 'he' and 'she' I'm talking about is Sesshoumaru and Kagome.

1. (When you read fanfictions or watching fan arts) what kind of character do you like him/her to be portrayed as?

Sesshoumaru
(1) An asshole (Literally he has everything except the freaking manner.)
(2) A gentleman (A real good mate, husband, daddy, lord, boss........whatever he could be.)
(3) A tsundere (Perhaps basically it looks same as option 1, but it's not. He is just unaccustomed to express his feelings. Actually he knows what is the love. He knows how to care. Nevertheless he normally chooses to hide his actual feeling because he doesn't want to follow his old man's footstep.)
(4) A pervert (Our notorious lord of west is a lecher comes close to Miroku.)

Kagome
(1) A typical modern girl (Same as Kagome from the InuYasha TV show series. A big-hearted, intelligent girl.)
(2) A badass (She knows how to protect herself and her friends much more than any others. She is not only strong, but also organized, and sometimes cunning.)

2. What kind of job do you wish him/her to have?

Sesshoumaru
(1) Lord
(2) CEO (Or all kind of businessman)
(3) Househusband
(4) Actor (Or all kind of entertainer)

Kagome
(1) Lady
(2) Local priestess
(3) School girl
(4) Career woman
(5) Housewife
(6) CEO
(7) Doctor/Nurse
(8) Actress (Or all kind of entertainer)

3. Who will have feelings for her/him before he/she does?

(1) Sesshoumaru will have a crush on Kagome
(2) Kagome will have a crush on Sesshoumaru
(3) AT THE SAME TIME

4. Who is the oldest?

(1) Sesshoumaru is older than Kagome
(2) Kagome is older than Sesshoumaru
(3) They are the same age

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/04/10 18:20 By sesshomarupatrick.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
VS
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Which one do you prefer? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 48
That's a tough one! Though I will try

1. (When you read fanfictions or watching fan arts) what kind of character do you like him/her to be portrayed as?

Sesshoumaru: (3) A tsundere: He has feelings and knows that, but is unable to express them. There was never the need to and he didn't have anyone to teach him.

Kagome: (1) A typical modern woman: That does include the will to protect her friends (a bit of (2)).

2.What kind of job do you wish him/her to have?

Sesshoumaru: (1) Lord: Technically Rumiko never mentioned it but somehow I always saw him as the Lord of the Western Lands. That is kind of canon for me.
Sesshoumaru: (2) CEO: It suits him well in a modern setting.

Kagome: (2) Local priestess: Should canon Kagome decide to stay in the past, I believe that she could fulfill the role of a local priestess. It would be something she could enjoy. Also a great setting for a past AU.
Kagome: (4) + (6) Career woman/CEO: Kagome is a very intelligent and ambitious woman. She wants to be independent and support her family. She is organised enough for this position and can be a good leader.
Kagome: (7) Doctor/Nurse: Her wish to help people - even strangers and enemies - is what would make her a well appraised doctor/nurse.

(1)Sesshoumaru will have a crush on Kagome: I love that setting because Sesshoumaru has to grow as person through the story. He is not only falling in love but he has to deal with fear of rejection and work on his social skills to let her somehow know that he likes her. I see much potential here!

4. Who is older than her/him?

Uhm, I never thought about that? Probably because I don't care too much.

That was fun! Thanks for sharing!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/04/10 12:26 By VS*.
sesshomarupatrick
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Which one do you prefer? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 26
Awwwwww thank you for answering, VS!!! It was so helpful

Logged Logged
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Which one do you prefer? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 58

Sesshoumaru
(1) An asshole — It gets tedious really fast.
(2) A gentleman — Yeah, especially if it’s as a character growth and development arc.
(3) A tsundere — There’s a reason Mr. Darcy is such an enduring and endearing character. I think it also gives the writer more room to explore and develop the character.
(4) A pervert — When done well, it can be highly entertaining.

Kagome
(1) A typical modern girl — Sure, it’s true to canon.
(2) A badass — As long as it doesn’t fall into Mary Sue-Dom, and stays relatable. It’s definitely the trickier of the two, not to overdo. The character kinda already is a badass, maybe not stereotypically, but she sticks to responsibilities, faces down opponents that have her (at times) ridiculously outmatched, can think on her feet, all while not losing her softer traits.

Sesshoumaru

I have no preference.

Kagome

Again, no preference.

Again, no real preference.

4. Who is the oldest?

(1) Sesshoumaru is older than Kagome — Just because it’s canon?
(2) Kagome is older than Sesshoumaru — Meh.
(3) They are the same age — It works well in AU.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
sesshomarupatrick
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Which one do you prefer? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 26
Thank you again, inali! *hugs*

Logged Logged
Scar-bby
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Which one do you prefer? 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 12

Sesshoumaru
(1) An asshole (Literally he has everything except the freaking manner.)
(2) A gentleman (A real good mate, husband, daddy, lord, boss........whatever he could be.)
(3) A tsundere (Perhaps basically it looks same as option 1, but it's not. He is just unaccustomed to express his feelings. Actually he knows what is the love. He knows how to care. Nevertheless he normally chooses to hide his actual feeling because he doesn't want to follow his old man's footstep.)
(4) A pervert (Our notorious lord of west is a lecher comes close to Miroku.)

Kagome
(1) A typical modern girl (Same as Kagome from the InuYasha TV show series. A big-hearted, intelligent girl.)
(2) A badass (She knows how to protect herself and her friends much more than any others. She is not only strong, but also organized, and sometimes cunning.)

Sesshoumaru
(1) Lord
(2) CEO (Or all kind of businessman)

Kagome
(1) Lady
(4) Career woman
(6) CEO
(7) Doctor/Nurse

(1) Sesshoumaru will have a crush on Kagome
(2) Kagome will have a crush on Sesshoumaru
(3) AT THE SAME TIME

4. Who is the oldest?

(1) Sesshoumaru is older than Kagome
(2) Kagome is older than Sesshoumaru
(3) They are the same age

Okay so I’m biased as a fellow writer haha. I think both characters a dynamic enough to have all of those personality traits. I have noticed in my own review recently of my old work and stuff i wrote for another fandom, I forgot hat fact. When it comes to the character development it has to be balanced, in my opinion. Yeah people can be assholes but they can also be smooth ( trust me I dated them ) I find myself forgetting that girls can be perky too, so i have seen some where Kagome is a female Miroku. I’m not a fan, but i have explored that a small bit. ( I personally am not that forward, but hey if that’s you rock on kid)

Now the job thing always pigeon holes me. I will admit i have always had Sesshomaru in some position of power. I cant seem to write him any other way, again personal preference. I also envision this guy hella old and just not taking shit from humans after they out populate demon kind. I also like the historical growth of his power ( hi history nerd here). I have Liberation (RATED MA NO YIMS) which he was a General so it was top dog per say but high ranking, in that same story I have Kagome grow as a human being. I’ve also had stories where not so other nice stuff happens to her. I’m a sucker for female empowerment after being beaten down, again personal thing.

I have never been drawn to the celebrity stories of Actors. I just have read too many that scream like One Direction fanfic just with new character names. AGAIN, my personal thing, I know there have been some great ones written or will be. Just not my vibe which is totally cool.

As for feelings, this is one of my less strong suits. I ALWAYS ALWAYS forget to drop those hints of caring for Sesshomaru. Then i have to go back and rewrite and its a pain in the butt! But again that is on writers as well as readers to give that feedback. I have read some great stories where all of your options happen and have loved them all. For me I guess I always have Kagome be physically attracted first then Sesshomaru attracted to something deeper first. I’m not sure if that came out right.

Age I think is a performance thing. Personally, i have only been older then one partner of mine. He was a pain in the butt ( see my above comment about assholes and such) But his age wasn’t really an issue, there was like a year’s difference. I have also know couples to have more then a decade between them and they are just fine. I think this ultimately is up to the author honestly and how it plays in to the plot if it does at all.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.