Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
just random thoughts
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: just random thoughts
marianne
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
just random thoughts 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
ust random thoughts lol (isanyone still here? lol)were constantly telling the writers

there this recent telenovela from my country and the writes thrs were pretty much forced to change the main couple/ship because the audience preferred simona (the lead female character) with another male character who had more fans and they obviously wanted the telenovela to keep getting good views and ratings. fans on twitter and instagram were constantly telling the authors that they wanted another pairing. since i relate everything to inuyasha that made me wonder that if the internet and social media were big when inuyasha was being written/drawn rumiko takahashi maybe would have had to change the inukag to sesskag, bc it seems to be so popular in the fandom and even have their own site . and rumiko has already done something similar, in that lum the invasor manga she had to change shinobu as love interest to lum bc lum’s popularity. also in the story romeo (the former lead male character) had a girlfriend at the beginning of the story that played the typical evil bitch in contrast to the good hearted heroine which is how a lot of people see kagome/kikyo) and since simona was going to end up with the other guy they redeeemed her character and she ended up with romeo.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:just random thoughts 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 156
I think you're right in that these days the audience might have more influence on the creators than they have in the past, and the example you give of the telenovela is certainly interesting!

From what I understand though, SessKag seems to be mainly popular outside of Japan. Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong! But at least I've seen very little SessKag fan art or doujinshi made by Japanese artists.

Anyway, because the main audience Takahashi and her editors at Shogakukan are concerned about is the Japanese audience, I highly doubt there would be any pressure to make SessKag canon even if the show was taking place in a more social media dominant era than it originally was.

I think it's a fine line to walk though. Certainly you have to have respect for your audience, but also you might have a vision of your story you are unwilling to compromise on, even if it might alienate some of your readers.

Honestly, I just don't personally understand the mindset either of going to the creator and telling them what I would like to see happen? And in any case I think fandom in recent years has become overly concerned about canon. What does it matter if your ship is canon or not? I mean that is what fandom and fanworks are for! If I got all that I wanted from the canon itself, there'd be no need for me to go look for fan art or fics, let alone write ones myself!

Logged Logged
marianne
Pup
graphgraph
Re:just random thoughts 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
yeah i remember a sesskag fan made a post on deviantart commenting how sesskag seemed to be popular everywhere EXCEPT japan lol. it's definitely big in spanish speaking countries i always see more sesskag being added on ffnet and wattpad. but i know some sesskag fans think rumiko threw us a bone at the end with a bit of sesskag interaction lol

i personally dont care if my pairings are canon but ive seen a lot of inukag fans getting mad that sesskag is popular and saying it's disrespectful to RT, that it makes no sense, that it's ooc, etc. if rt had a twitter maybe sesskag fans would tweet her and try to "make sesskag happen". i saw a petition to change the ending to sesskag recently while looking for fanart lol

about this novela i watched, it was promoted heavily on tv adds and stuff and they obviously wanted success thats why the lead pairing was changed when they saw it was unpopular with the audience. i actually was rooting for the original pairing and i thought it was unprofessional to change it bc it isnt just characters, they kind of screwed the originaal male lead over since he wasnt as popular with the audience as the other one

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/10/07 18:44 By batidodeleche.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.