Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st)
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 55
Drabble/Drawble Night

Thursday, March 1st
6:30 PM PST

Hello! This Thursday will be the second Drabble/Drawble Night of 2018! Come and join us in chat or, if time or your browser won't allow, follow this forum thread for all the updated information; including prompts and the banner for participation.

General information

Chat doesn't work for all browsers. That's okay! I will update this forum post as the new prompts are unveiled so everyone can keep up to date!

1. 10 prompts, 10 minutes each, 100 words per prompt (or quick sketch)
The restriction isn't ABSOLUTELY necessary, but it is there to get your brain moving, and fast! When you only have 100 words to work with your editing skills go through the roof! Also, 10 minutes to get a sketch down is great for learning to trust yourself with each stroke. It is okay if your drabble/drawble isn't perfect. We want to see it! We want to see everyone contribute and create!

2. Prompts posted in chat need to be SFW!
We have community members under the age of 18 and we want everyone to contribute. If you have any 18+ content, please join us, have fun creating, and post it to a correctly tagged story/art entry on the site.

3. Each night has a theme that will be revealed at the end
If you want to guess the night's theme, you must in a private message to the host. Don't ruin the guessing fun for anyone else.

4. You do not need to complete all 10 prompts to collect the banner.
It isn't a competition. Please come and have fun! PRACTICE! And be a part of this community.

5. All rules of chat apply
They are listed on the entry page of the chatroom.

I hope to see you there!

"The fun for me in collaboration is, one, working with other people just makes you smarter; that's proven." Lin-Manuel Miranda

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 109
I can't make this one b/c of class. I'll use the prompts though

Logged Logged
thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 7
Once again, sesskagrevivalproject will be in attendance!

you know what would be really neat? if ya'll posted ya'lls drabbles on tumblr and tagged them with #thesesskagrevivalproject and I'll reblog them!

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject.tumblr.com

JOIN THE DISCORD, YA KNOW YOU WANNA

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 55
SO SORRY! My dog ate ant traps so we are at the emergency vet getting his stomach pumped. I have to postpone tonight

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 277
OMG, hope you live in an area with some good emergency vets!!

Hoping that doggo comes out of it okay - and that it doesn't cost you a home mortgage!!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 4
I hope everything is okay.

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 7
I hope your dog comes out okay!! D:

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject.tumblr.com

JOIN THE DISCORD, YA KNOW YOU WANNA

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 55
Doggo is good! He is a turkey, but came out alright. He would have been fine if he ate just one, but the guy got three.
(Sidenote: if anyome has any tips on how to get rid of ants let me know. They have been around since we moved in to thia new place)

When should we schedule the make up DDN?

Logged Logged

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 4
cakeiton wrote:
Doggo is good! He is a turkey, but came out alright. He would have been fine if he ate just one, but the guy got three.
That's awesome news!

cakeiton wrote:
(Sidenote: if anyome has any tips on how to get rid of ants let me know. They have been around since we moved in to thia new place)
The mixture I use isn't safe for children or pets but I put it in bottle tops under large furniture where it couldn't be messed with. It's a heated borax solution but I found this mixture that's not heated, I believe, and you can put it in homemade ant traps.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/03/02 16:52 By yukihime.

Art by LadyShieru
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 91
Diatomaceous Earth foodgrade. Not only is it 100% natural, but it's completely safe if ingested by animals or people. You can buy it almost anywhere. I get mine off Amazon. It works differently than normal pesticides. It cracks open the exoskeleton then dehydrates them, thus they die. It's very effective on any creepy crawly with an exoskeleton from crickets to roaches to bedbugs. Just wear a mask when you apply it because of the dust.

www.amazon.com/Harris-Diatomaceous-Earth-Powder-Duster/dp/B072J8Z28F/ref=sr_1_4?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1520044264&sr=1-4&keywords=diatomaceous+earth

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 277
Find a product with Fipronil in it. Best applied around the foundation of the house to ensure that those ants trespassing inside take the insecticide back to the colony. Not considered harmful to pets or children once the product dries around the foundation. Colonies located inside the home require more extensive treatment.

When diazinon was legal, we used that as a barrier around our house. Now that it's not, we're considering something with fipronil as a replacement. Diazinon worked great, but was more harmful to the birds than we liked. Fipronil is harmful to aquatic creatures, so don't use it if you live near a lake.

Hope this helps... or Google "ant control." I found a plethora of suggestions that way!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDN 2018 - March (Thursday, March 1st) 6 Years ago Karma: 109
Hope your dog gets better soon! I don't have a preference of time for when the rescheduled DDN occurs.

As for ants: my grandmother always used chalk, just regular chalk. She drew a line or circle around what she wanted the ants to avoid, and it usually worked. I've heard that it may repel ants from the outside too, but I can't attest to that 100%.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/03/03 12:29 By kaoruhana. Reason: Spacing
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.