Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
DDNs?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: DDNs?
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Hello!
To who this may concern (DDN Hostesses),

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I also hope that I don't step on any toes, but I was wondering if anyone had been doing any DDNs lately? I did message Hairann, and I know she has been busy. I am just reaching out to those who are in charge of the DDNs. I am just getting that terrible itch for something new and exciting. Love this place for the challenges and such. DDNs are my absolute favorite.

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
Aiko-San!

I'm so sorry about the lack of DDNs. Myself and JeniNeji would alternate hosting DDNs once a month. Unfortunately, the last few that I hosted had a very small turn out. I'm not sure about Jeni, but I would assume it was the same. When I first started joining DDNs (before I hosted) there would easily be about 15 people participating. However, it dwindled down to about 4 or 5. We tried posting reminders every day and hours before the event, but it seemed to not be as popular anymore. Eventually neither Jeni nor I bothered with it. Also, I know a few people had trouble with the new chat, but I'm unsure if that was a huge reason for lack of participants.

With that said, I wouldn't mind hosting another one, but I would have to work it around my schedule as I work two jobs. It would be interesting to see if people where still interested in doing them.

-MissKatt

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/05 03:13 By MissKatt. Reason: Typos
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 109
I'd love to participate if there will be future DDN's. They're usually at a time I take a break from school anyway

Logged Logged
Seldax
Pup
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
If it's OK, can I ask what DDN stands for?

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Seldax wrote:
If it's OK, can I ask what DDN stands for?

DDN stands for 'Drabble/Drawble Night.' It's a time where all get together in chat, with a moderator handing out prompts. You generally have a set limit of words and a set time limit to finish said prompts, like 100 words in 20 minutes, or something like that. Generally, for writers and/or artists, it's a lot of fun, especially seeing what others come up with for the same prompt. Many times, there is a theme to the night, with the moderator either having you guess the theme, or giving it out ahead of time.

Hope that helps!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Seldax
Pup
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
That sounds like fun!

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I wonder what could be done to make it more interesting? Not that I don't find it interesting, because I could participate once a week if it allowed. But maybe tweaking the DDN, just to update it a little? Or advertise for it (I know you said you posted updates and such, but I was wondering if there is another way to put it out there)? I don't know. I just really would hate to see these fun things go bye-bye. Like the awards (completely off topic, I know! I swry)! I know that SugarOo does them and has been busy, but I am sure that alone could really draw people in. It really seemed to be something huge at one point. I would love to see THAT in action again as well. I know when I first came here I had to figure out what everything was on my own for the most part. Maybe that is what is going on with the newer members? I only knew what was going on because of the person who introduced me to Dokuga. I can see the chat being a problem. I know it has to do with that stupid java script. The chat doesn't work for me on any other browser but Explorer. I am not sure how to get around that, since I am not at all tech savvy. I do understand that the chat it huge for the DDNs, so I hope that can be figured out soon.

I think that a major part of this community is group participation. It seems to come and go in waves. Let me know if there is anything I can do to contribute to this amazing site.

I would love to participate in a DDN, and I understand sometimes life can get in the way. I am in school at the moment, and sometimes during the semester I feel like I am about to jump out of my skin because I have no time. Gosh, makes me so sad that there aren't many participants! I refuse to let the DDNs die.

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Seldax wrote:
That sounds like fun!

Oh my gosh, they are amazing! I love that you can socialize and meet new members, but it also hits you with a truck load of inspiration. The girls who did them when I was around were absolutely amazing. They each have a theme and if you participate by responding to at least one prompt (think that is how it is still going, but I encourage more than one if you really want to dive into the DDN), you get a sparkly and amazing banner to put in your profile. It is pretty awesome.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed them so much, Aiko-San! I liked hosting them and seeing how creative people get with their prompts (: Let me fiddle with chat over the next few days and see if I can get it back up and going. If so, I'll look at my schedule and see if we can get one in before the end of the month (:

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
MissKatt wrote:
Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed them so much, Aiko-San! I liked hosting them and seeing how creative people get with their prompts (: Let me fiddle with chat over the next few days and see if I can get it back up and going. If so, I'll look at my schedule and see if we can get one in before the end of the month (:

-MissKatt

You are the best, girly!
My day has been made.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 16
UHM of course I would also be down for DDN! I'd love to see another one! I would host one too, if needed / wanted.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/05 15:26 By sesshomarusama33.

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Okies, I got my chat up and running. So far I can't change my name (it's how we display the current prompts) even though I using the /nick "username" code. So I will have to work on that. If anyone is interested in DDN, I ask you sort out any chat issues now so that when the time comes, there isn't an issue getting in and that way you don't miss any fun! (:

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
MissKatt wrote:
Okies, I got my chat up and running. So far I can't change my name (it's how we display the current prompts) even though I using the /nick "username" code. So I will have to work on that. If anyone is interested in DDN, I ask you sort out any chat issues now so that when the time comes, there isn't an issue getting in and that way you don't miss any fun! (:

-MissKatt

Woot woot!!

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Im going to shoot for another week or so in regards for when I will be hosting it. Probably the weekend of the 23rd, unless people can make a weeknight?

-Katt

Logged Logged
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Kaatttttt!! *glomps* I love you to death, woman!!

MissKatt wrote:
Im going to shoot for another week or so in regards for when I will be hosting it. Probably the weekend of the 23rd, unless people can make a weeknight?

-Katt

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Love you!! Now I have to think of a theme and prompts XD Hmm...

-Katt

Logged Logged
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Let me know if there's anything I can do!

MissKatt wrote:

-Katt

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Will do :3
sesshomarusama33 wrote:
Let me know if there's anything I can do!

MissKatt wrote:

-Katt

Logged Logged
Omyouji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
This would be awesome! I'd love to take part in this!

Logged Logged

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
More people! :: happy dance ::

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
I'm really excited about this lol.

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Alright my dears, I have the theme and prompts picked out. Maybe we can get Sama to make us a banner since I dont have GIMP yet on my new laptop.

Also, what days work best for everyone? Normally we do Fridays, but I'm thinking Saturday will be better for me, if not sometime during the week. I would like everyone's input.

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:DDNs? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 109
Any weekend day is best for me as I have school otherwise.

Logged Logged
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
I would, of course, make banners if needed! My best days are Monday and Wednesday, since I am guaranteed off those days and will be home by ten. Saturday would probably work though, I would have to see what I am scheduled as my work schedule changes weekly.

MissKatt wrote:
Alright my dears, I have the theme and prompts picked out. Maybe we can get Sama to make us a banner since I dont have GIMP yet on my new laptop.

Also, what days work best for everyone? Normally we do Fridays, but I'm thinking Saturday will be better for me, if not sometime during the week. I would like everyone's input.

-MissKatt

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Great! I already have the image to use for the banner. You just have to "extend" it and write the month of the ddn and the theme (: so maybe lets shoot for next Saturday? I may make the DDN a little later than 4pm PST as I will be in LA that day

sesshomarusama33 wrote:
I would, of course, make banners if needed! My best days are Monday and Wednesday, since I am guaranteed off those days and will be home by ten. Saturday would probably work though, I would have to see what I am scheduled as my work schedule changes weekly.

MissKatt wrote:

-MissKatt

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.