Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
First Fanfiction
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: First Fanfiction
Seldax
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this website. I've never really written anything before, but I was wondering what the outlook was here on new writers. Seeing all these awesome fics for years has made me wonder if I could make my own idea work in a story.

Or maybe I should commission a fic? Does that happen around here?

In any case, nice to meet you all! I'm Seldax

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
This place is great! It is extremely active. Commission? Like, ask an author to write something that you have an idea about? I have seen gift exchanges done here, but I am not sure if that is what you meant. Welcome, have fun, and I look forward to reading what you come up with.

-Aiko

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
Work hard! It's a long road to becoming a writer, but anyone can do it with effort and practice! I can't wait to see what you write!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/04 17:26 By kyndred_raven.

Seldax
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Thank you so much for your support! As part of my side job, I review novels and short stories for companies and magazines. I've always reviewed, but never written anything of my own. Maybe this is a good chance for me to step out of the closet

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Seldax wrote:
Thank you so much for your support! As part of my side job, I review novels and short stories for companies and magazines. I've always reviewed, but never written anything of my own. Maybe this is a good chance for me to step out of the closet

Please do! Since you know what you are looking for, it may make it a little easier for you. Cannot wait!

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
Hiya, and welcome to Dokuga.

Fanfiction is fun, but it's best written yourself, I think since then you have direct control over the creative process. Co-writing is cool too.

It's fun.

Seriously.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Seldax wrote:

Thats awesome! I would love to see what you yourself write!

-As for commissions, I wouldn't suggest it. The glory of fanfiction is creating your own story, having your say on all matters. Stories require too many little details, it would be hard to do a commission... You would have to talk constantly with the writer to get everything right.

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
I encourage you to write your own story. I've done many story commissions personally, and even though my commissioners always liked what I put out, I still felt like they could have done a better job at writing out their ideas themselves. That's my honest and humble opinion. Writing is just like painting a picture. It's difficult to have someone paint an image that you have in your head, right?

However, if you are invested in the idea of a commission and would like to try one out, I'm game for it. I love getting prompts and making them run wild. The only thing I ask is that the prompt is limited to a fairly short story since I'm working on multiple novel length projects at the moment (and hopefully publishing one of them this coming year).

Do let me know, and if you need someone to beta for you, I'll assist. Do you, by chance, review on WDC? I feel like I've seen your username there before, and it's one of my regular haunts.

Logged Logged

Seldax
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I will definitely PM you about it!

Logged Logged
MindlessKitty
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First Fanfiction 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
Welcome ! And yes you should definitely write a story. I have been a member of Dokuga for a few years and i just recently drummed up enough courage to write my first story and to get the ideas out of my head and in writer feels amazing. Can't wait to see what you come up with !

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.