Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Writers Block!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Writers Block!
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Writers Block! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Thanks! Yeah, I have been going back through my chapters for hours it feels like. I think I just have to take a step back. I think part of my problem is I am trying so hard to get a chapter out because I have been gone for so long. I feel bad because I didn't want it to be like that. I just need to do some planning, I guess. Well, re-planning! lol

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Well, when I hit writer's block, I go back through and read a previous chapter to the story. I also sit around, reading and rereading what I have written for the current chapter. If there is nothing for the current chapter, I reread the last chapter available. (I reread A LOT lol)

When I have writer's block, it's usually because I am having a hard time solidifying the scene within my head. Focus in on the details. -What are they feeling. What are they seeing. What are their eyes doing, what are their bodies doing. How is the current situation affecting the characters emotions?

Also, focus in on how you want the chapter to end. -It helps when you have a finish-line to reach.

This is just what I do though, but I hope it helps!

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Writers Block! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Hello all!

So, here is the deal...

I haven't been around since 2014. Now that I have more time, I decided to get back to the two stories I started. One problem... I have hit writers block (my stories are MA, NO YIMS). I love them both dearly, but I feel like I am digging myself into a hole by writing boring, repetitive situations. The only difference is dialog, or so that is how I feel. I want to write quality chapters, and I want to insure the happiness of my readers. Well, not only my readers, but my happiness in my work as well!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to dig myself out of a mess like this!? SOS...HELP! This is driving me insane!

Thank you!

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Quality over quantity. -Your brain will figure it out. Just let it stew a bit and it will come to you.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.