Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Is it okay to open another dokuga account?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Is it okay to open another dokuga account?
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Is it okay to open another dokuga account? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
So I usually post fan arts here on this account that I'm using, and some people in my family and friends know about it. Now I want to write, but I don't want it to be under this same account for privacy reason.

I want to open another account for writing, but I want to ask for admins' and members' opinions before hand. I'm just wondering if it would appear to be bratty, annoying, or plainly dumb to have two separate accounts for drawing and writing....

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Is it okay to open another dokuga account? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Our rules quite clearly state:

"You are limited to ONE account per person, without exception, unless you seek approval from an Administrator. Unless that approval is given, any other account created subsequent to the first, that can be traced back to your IP address, will be summarily deleted."

I'm not sure that I'd agree that separate accounts for writing and arts are necessary, as many of our members have had one account for both from the very beginning of our site. You might want to see if you can check with DemonQueen17 or sugar0o and see what they think.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Is it okay to open another dokuga account? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
Oooh okay, I just read that now. Since it is a rule for a good reason, how about I try deleting my account, and create a new one, where I can repost my arts, and start writing? I tried looking for deleting account information, but couldn't seem to find any. Sorry for all the trouble.

Logged Logged

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Is it okay to open another dokuga account? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
I'm with Wiccan.

I can understand the need for two accounts, but it just seems wasteful, since you can't cross-link between them so you only have to login once.

More for functionality's sake really.

You can change your username though, I mean if you didn't want to use DN Silence anymore.

I know that's possible in the user profile.

Although I think it would just end up preserving everything you've posted to Dokuga already, so no major change just in your profile name. Likely everything else would be the same.

If you still want those two accounts, do what Wiccan suggested to do.

Our admins rock, so you're in good hands.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/10/05 22:07 By Pyre.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
DN Silence wrote:
Oooh okay, I just read that now. Since it is a rule for a good reason, how about I try deleting my account, and create a new one, where I can repost my arts, and start writing? I tried looking for deleting account information, but couldn't seem to find any. Sorry for all the trouble.

Well... you can't delete your account yourself. You'd have to have me or one of the other admins do it for you. I will warn you, though, that everything associated with a 'deleted' account gets erased from the database, so you'd have to upload everything you wanted under the new account. Frankly, it sounds like more trouble than it's worth, if you ask me. Especially for me, lol! It is your choice, however, you will not be able to use your current email for the new account either, since the database keeps track of email addys.

As Pyre suggested, you could change your username. Just a thought. Let me know via PM how you want to proceed and we'll go from there... but I think it highly unlikely that we'll be swayed into allowing two accounts to separate fanarts from fanfiction.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Okay, thanks everyone so much for being so helpful and patient with me.
And no, definitely not two accounts then, it already sounds silly and that's why I asked in the beginning.
So if I change username, will the URL for my profile user be different or the same? Because it would be pointless to be the same link.
And if we ended up deleting this account, I really don't care about reviews, hits and all stuff.
So... Whichever route is the least trouble for you admin, we could do that?

Logged Logged

FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Is it okay to open another dokuga account? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 24
I'm under the impression that you can post stories that can be read only by people who have accounts here. So, unless your family/friends feel the need to make an account just to peek, you have that going for you... right?

Logged Logged
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Wait..... that sounds like a good idea. So I should probably make my stories accessible to Dokuga members only, and that will solve it right? I don't think my relatives would go so far as to make an account just to peek... Wow, I didn't think about this at all. It's just that I never write here before so the fact escaped my mind. Thank you so much.
@Wiccan, so I will go ahead and do this? Unless you have any suggestion

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Sorry for the delayed reply... Teh Wiccan is old and needs her "beauty" sleep!

Yes, making your stories accessible to members only will solve the problem of anyone just stumbling across your stories and reading them. Not only do you have to be a member to read them, but you also must be logged in at the time.

Just be sure to check the "Disable Anonymous Reading" box when setting up your story and you're good to go! Oh, and everyone remember to thank Mitharus for coming up with that terrific option, 'k?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Thank you Wiccan for the advises, and Mith for being so brilliant!
And thanks everyone else for the useful input!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.