Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Out of curiosity.....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Out of curiosity.....
EC
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Out of curiosity..... 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 29
I was wondering if this would be possible without having to take a story down completely. I am going to use Kanna37's It's a Dog's World as an example. I love all of the various stories in this collection of (related) one-shots. I was wondering though, if it was possible to rearrange the chapters so that they were grouped together. An example would be the Favorite Author storyline. So without taking the entire It's a Dog's World completely off of Dokuga, putting them together by individual storyline, and reloading it, is it possible for an author to just rearrange the stories so they are together but still within the Dog's World "book"? Thanks!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Out of curiosity..... 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
Well when you go edit the story and are in the chapter view, there seems to be buttons to move chapters up or down. (Never really used those buttons, though, so I can't say for sure if/how they work.)

You can also delete individual chapters, so potentially you could delete and re-upload the chapters you need to organise without having to delete the whole story.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Out of curiosity..... 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
You can do this on AO3 by grouping oneshots into either a series, or into one long fic split into individual chapters.

Not sure what you mean here, since it would be easiest to simply organise the oneshots or chapters into one collection on upload, so you can just keep adding them as you like or as you update.

If you mean organising the chapters or oneshots in a series in an all ready uploaded story, than it's actually not possible.

You can only do these things on Dokuga via the stories:

1. Add/upload a new story

2. Delete a story

3. Add a chapter

4. Delete a chapter

5. Edit the story properties i.e. rating, name, genre etc, summary, state if its complete etc

6. Edit the story chapters i.e the actual text

7. Move the chapters up and down in terms of organisation and or sequence.

You can't do anything else, as there are no other grouping options for chapters, like there are on AO3 for grouping stories, individually, into a series.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/06/01 00:31 By Pyre.
EC
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Out of curiosity..... 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 29
Oh okay. Thank you both for your answers. I'm not an author, just a reader, so I didn't know about the options available to authors.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Out of curiosity..... 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
EC wrote:
Oh okay. Thank you both for your answers. I'm not an author, just a reader, so I didn't know about the options available to authors.

Not a problem. If you meant options for readers, well, you have very few. You can only review or add stories to favourites, or add an author to favourites.

You have no control over how a story is organised.

That's the author.

AO3 does give you more options as an author too, but you can atleast bookmart/favourite stuff as a reader there too.

I do both.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.