Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Stealing
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Stealing
BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
www.fanfiction.net/s/10346888/1/Chain-of-Love

This fanfiction right here, I could swear I have read before. If anyone else has this sense of Da-javu can you tell me? I think they are stealing someones story!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
genie48
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
It looks like you're right.

Just looking at the author's name, the story summary, & the title, (I haven't read the story you linked on fanfiction.net) it looks like someone may be plagerizing Chie's Chain of Love (rated MA).

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/13 23:59 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating
genie48
Pup
graphgraph
I know you guys always do something if this is true, I just don't know what since I'm a lurker and not an active member.

If there is a way this should be approached if it's true, please let me know. I'll be happy to follow the rules and help any way I can.

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Plagiarized Work 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 55
Original by Chie, or Chiera on FF.net
Chain of Love RATED M

And here is the stolen one from Ice Inuyoukai
Chain of Love RATED M

The person who, oddly enough, believed they could do this did not even change the summary that much...

It really does blow my mind that people TO THIS DAY think they can get away with it.

No, your friend/sibling/boyfriend did not sign into your account and post it under your name.

No, you didn't do it as a nod to the original author as a form of appreciation.

The excuses are as original as the plagiarism.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/13 21:31 By cakeiton.

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 109
What do you know: five minutes ago, the link to the stolen story worked. Now it doesn't. I think the person may have taken it down (hopefully).

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 171
Yeah, I noticed the link didn't work either. Do you think their account is still there or is that gone as well?

Logged Logged
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 24
I think the account is still there Ice Inuyoukai if that's the person who posted the story, but since I didn't get the time to see for myself before the link to Chie's stolen story was removed, I cannot say if it was this person or not who posted it.

EDIT: I'm seeing another story there that's caught my attention, The time keeper (rated MA), which is by our Knight of Disorder. I don't think that's his account either, anyone can confirm?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/13 23:58 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating
genie48
Pup
graphgraph
It was Ice Inuyoukai who posted the story. I checked through the link BlackInuPup posted before the link suddenly no longer worked. There were 4 stories listed at the time on Ice Inuyoukai's website and Chain of Love (rated M or MA) was one of them.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 00:00 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 55
It was taken down. Because it was so fast, it might been from the author themselves other than a mod, but at least it was caught quick!!!!

Thanks for bringing it up!!! Karma para tu

In true Dokugian behavior, let's not harass the author. Report things like this, of course, but keeping out of contact with the plagiarizer as much as possible is usually the best option.

Stay Classy, Dokuga

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/13 22:47 By cakeiton.

genie48
Pup
graphgraph
Ice Inuyoukai's account and the other 3 stories are still on FF.net. However, Chain of Love (rated M or MA) had been removed from her/his site when I checked a couple of minutes ago.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 00:01 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Never mind, seems 2 of the stories there are stolen, I found The Golden Inu - The 14 Symbol Challenge by Yuuki Kaora (rated M) named as The Golden Inu Daiyouki and Time Keeper by Knight (rated MA) as The Time Keeper. Reporting it right now.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 00:02 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating
genie48
Pup
graphgraph
You were right on both stories. This character wasn't even smart enough to change the summary on Time Keeper (rated MA) by a single word!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 00:03 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 171
Yeah I just compared The Time Keeper by this Ice Inuyoukai and Time Keeper by Knight of Disorder (rated MA). It is all word for word from the summary, to the chapter titles to the chapters themselves. Looks like the only thing they did was leave out the author notes and add a word to the title. I haven't checked the other stories yet but I'm about to.

Edit: Just checked the other stories. I'm not familiar with them. It's interesting to note if they thought no one would even question the drastic difference in writing style from Time Keeper to those other ones.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 00:04 By wiccanmethuselah.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
"The Forsaken Angel" (rated MA) isn't hers either... it's a story on the 'Spark archive that was posted in 2005. I'm alerting a friend of mine who investigates plagiarism on ff.net, since this one is really obvious.

My only concern is that this person might be a member here who is stealing these stories from our site to post on ff.net. Believe me, if I can find proof, they won't be here much longer!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 00:03 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Insert rating

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Fye
Pup
graphgraph
No wonder I couldn't find the last one, forgot to look for it on spark. And sorry about the ratings Wiccan, forgot to add them >.<

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Fye wrote:
No wonder I couldn't find the last one, forgot to look for it on spark. And sorry about the ratings Wiccan, forgot to add them >.<

No problem, I'm not about to quibble when I forgot the darn rating myself this time!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 16
Not to be rude but is it possible that it could be the same author on both sites? I'm only asking because I post stories on different sites but I don't use the same screen name for them. Someone once actually argued with me on fanfiction.net once that I stole one of my own stories from here and put it on that site. So I was just wondering if the same thing could be happening here.

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 55
Haha, I have had the same thing happen to me... even though my handle is the same. I don't know why either.

In this case, no. Chie, on Dokuga, is Chiera on FF.net

Logged Logged

KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 56
cassandra wrote:
Not to be rude but is it possible that it could be the same author on both sites? I'm only asking because I post stories on different sites but I don't use the same screen name for them. Someone once actually argued with me on fanfiction.net once that I stole one of my own stories from here and put it on that site. So I was just wondering if the same thing could be happening here. that is something to question, but in appears in this case that you have several plagiarized stories from different authors under one account name on ff.

Edit: I just went to their profile page and the Forsaken Angel is the only one left on 'their stories' list

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 07:09 By KEdakumi.

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
Hi guys, I just wanted to say thanks for your keen eyes.

I woke up this morning to find a PM both here and on FF.net telling me that Chain had been stolen, but by the time I went to investigate it had been pulled off. I don't know if the plagiarist had a change of heart or if some helpful and quick soul already reported the story to the mods...

But in any case, I wanted to say that this fandom is awesome! :3

Logged Logged
HolyButterBall
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
If you went on now the story Forsaken Angel (rated MA) is still there but the person is being called out in the reviews by a person named Warty Hogg.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/15 20:09 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Inserted rating
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
HolyButterBalls wrote:
If you went on now the story Forsaken Angel (rated MA) is still there but the person is being called out in the reviews by a person named Warty Hogg.

I believe I know who "Warty Hogg" is, and I'll just leave it at that. This is a sort of "last resort" to get the plagiarizer to take down the story that does not belong to her. Ice Inuyoukai has been reported to several people who are in the know at ff.net, so I think all Dokugans can do now is keep reporting through the Abuse system there.

Unfortunately, efforts to contact the true author of the story "Forsaken Angel" (rated MA) have been in vain since the only known email address for this person does not work any longer. It's obvious that the story belongs to TheHellChild, though, since its posted here on the 'Spark archive, along with other stories that this author posted on ff.net around the same time.

Hopefully, if we keep using the Abuse system, the mods on ff.net will take notice and perhaps finally ban this plagiarizer.

That's about all we can hope for!
:/
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 78
What a great name! Warty Hogg! It sounds like the manager of a professional wrestler! I'm so glad the plagerists aren't getting away with stealing other people's creative work. Thanks, guys, for caring and for doing what's right. You rock!

Logged Logged
HolyButterBall
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Hopefully it will get taken down soon.

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Stealing 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 60
What is with some people who feel the need to blatantly STEAL another's hard work and pass it off as their own?! The gall!

Just so you all are aware, I also have an account on FF.net and my screen name is different. It's Two Hearts, so if you see two of my stories posted there with that name then it's all cool lol

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.