Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Problems Editing Profile
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problems Editing Profile
Kitana Tsukino-hime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Problems Editing Profile 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Okay, I've tried everything I can think of and no matter what I do when I try to add info to my About Me and Main sections they refuse to take. And I have tried using BB Code and HTML. Even though I get the Your Changes Have Been Saved message nothing shows up when I go to look after saving.

What am I doing wrong? -is desperate-

-blinks at her screen- Oops... Sorry, didn't mean to post in Solved.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/02 23:20 By Kitana.

Sig/Story Archive Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer

Claim Game Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sapphire_Rose
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problems Editing Profile 12 Years ago Karma: 0
I'm having the same problem. I updated the About Me page twice and it's still blank. It's frustrating since both times they were long and I had poured a good bit of my heart into it.

Logged Logged
NelysofMordor
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problems Editing Profile 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2
Having the same problem here- I also can't logout.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problems Editing Profile 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
NelysofMordor wrote:
Having the same problem here- I also can't logout.+

Can you be more specific?

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache with the login/logout problems?

Any and all information you can provide regarding these issues would help us greatly!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

SorrowfulKikyo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problems Editing Profile 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I've been having same issues my self since I been on Dokuga. My profile is blank. I'm using Safari as my internet browser, and tried internet explorer, and firefox on my laptop. I've cleared cookies, and repaired disk permissions. I cannot update the "About me" and "Main". When I type something into those sections, and update it, it would say it was updated, but everything I wrote does not show up when I view the profile I also tried to put in the stamps, and images awhile back, and all I see after saving it, is the file address of the image on my computer. On my apple mac mini, I'm clicking on a stamp/image and moving it to desktop. When I go to my profile, and click edit. I would go to one of those sections, and drag the image from my desktop to the section of profile, I want stamp to go, and there I would see the file name instead. Upon saving it, I would view my profile and it would only display the file name. Do I need to upload all stamps/images to photobucket then use the url feature to put up the images?

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Problems Editing Profile 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:
I've been having same issues my self since I been on Dokuga. My profile is blank. I'm using Safari as my internet browser, and tried internet explorer, and firefox on my laptop. I've cleared cookies, and repaired disk permissions. I cannot update the "About me" and "Main". When I type something into those sections, and update it, it would say it was updated, but everything I wrote does not show up when I view the profile I also tried to put in the stamps, and images awhile back, and all I see after saving it, is the file address of the image on my computer. On my apple mac mini, I'm clicking on a stamp/image and moving it to desktop. When I go to my profile, and click edit. I would go to one of those sections, and drag the image from my desktop to the section of profile, I want stamp to go, and there I would see the file name instead. Upon saving it, I would view my profile and it would only display the file name. Do I need to upload all stamps/images to photobucket then use the url feature to put up the images?

I think the issue here is that you're trying to 'hotlink' the IMG URL of the stamps from your Desktop on your PC, i.e. from your own hard-drive to an online source, that being your profile on Dokuga. Yeah you can't do that, it won't display online, as your PC isn't configured to be an online web-server.

Accessing the internet via an ISP isn't the same thing. When you go 'online' you're literally able to access online resources, i.e. webpages, like your traveling down a virtual freeway, and able to park your car outside the Dokuga website.

You need to be 'online' constantly to link images from one place online to another, thus why most Dokugan users have hotlinked image URLs for banners in their signatures to a Photobucket account, where the original image is sitting.

Dragging and dropping the image from your desktop to your profile editing window in Dokuga won't work. You have to have the stamp image online somewhere on the internet, like in Photobucket, that would allow you to hotlink the file URL to your Dokuga profile.

You won't be able to do it otherwise. The drag and drop from your PC Desktop will always be read as an 'ERROR' or just as the file name from its location on your PC like: Drive C:...imagename.jpg as the webserver for Dokuga won't be able to find those images on your PC even when you are surfing the web.

I would suggest that you open a Photobucket account and link the stamps back that way, if you have permission to do that for the Dokuga stamps. You're best to ask Mith or Wiccan about the use of the images, or to read the rules on image usage for that stuff on Dokuga, or both XD.

Our Admins rock!

~ Pyre
P.S: Feel free to ignore my post if you're trying to upload the stamps onto Dokuga for use as banners, since that is a totally different scenario. I think I read your post right, but I could totally be wrong too!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/10/15 15:33 By Pyre.
SorrowfulKikyo
Pup
graphgraph
Pyreite wrote:
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:

I think the issue here is that you're trying to 'hotlink' the IMG URL of the stamps from your Desktop on your PC, i.e. from your own hard-drive to an online source, that being your profile on Dokuga. Yeah you can't do that, it won't display online, as your PC isn't configured to be an online web-server.

Accessing the internet via an ISP isn't the same thing. When you go 'online' you're literally able to access online resources, i.e. webpages, like your traveling down a virtual freeway, and able to park your car outside the Dokuga website.

You need to be 'online' constantly to link images from one place online to another, thus why most Dokugan users have hotlinked image URLs for banners in their signatures to a Photobucket account, where the original image is sitting.

Dragging and dropping the image from your desktop to your profile editing window in Dokuga won't work. You have to have the stamp imageonline somewhere on the internet, like in Photobucket, that would allow you to hotlink the file URL to your Dokuga profile.

You won't be able to do it otherwise. The drag and drop from your PC Desktop will always be read as an 'ERROR' as the webserver for Dokuga won't be able to find those images on your PC even when you are surfing the web.

I would suggest that you open a Photobucket account and link the stamps back that way, if you have permission to do that for the Dokuga stamps. You're best to ask Mith or Wiccan about the use of the images, or to read the rules on image usage for that stuff on Dokuga, or both XD.

Our Admins rock!

~ Pyre
P.S: Feel free to ignore my post if you're trying to upload the stamps onto Dokuga for use as banners, since that is a totally different scenario. I think I read your post right, but I could totally be wrong too!

(Yup I want to upload the stamps as banners like others have here) In the stamp forum someone had problems as well putting stamps into their profiles, and someone said to drag stamp, and drop it into the section. Very confusing lol. Thats what I figured with having to hotlink from my photobucket account. When I edit the profile sections, I click on the picture icon to put in the url address of the stamp......

Question as well with writing paragraphs or anything really in the "about me" and "main" sections. When I write anything there, and save it....for some reason it doesnt save anything I wrote on the profile.

::hugs:: Thank you for helping me

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:
(Yup I want to upload the stamps as banners like others have here) In the stamp forum someone had problems as well putting stamps into their profiles, and someone said to drag stamp, and drop it into the section. Very confusing lol. Thats what I figured with having to hotlink from my photobucket account. When I edit the profile sections, I click on the picture icon to put in the url address of the stamp......

Question as well with writing paragraphs or anything really in the "about me" and "main" sections. When I write anything there, and save it....for some reason it doesnt save anything I wrote on the profile.

Right, when you mean 'upload' do you mean in the art section of Dokuga, or just to show the stamp on your own profile?

I mean if you've created the stamps to be uploaded onto Dokuga, so that anyone could link to them or use it, than yeah that's different to hotlinking the Image URL into your profile.

If however you just want to show the stamp as an image on your profile page than yes, you will need to use Photobucket to hotlink the image like I have done with the banner in my signature.

If the stamp is already sitting on Dokuga, you could just need to drag and drop it into your profile. Not sure how that will work. You'll need to check Roo's tutorials I think.

I've never done that before in my own profile, even though I have hotlinked images from Photobucket before.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/10/15 18:13 By Pyre.
SorrowfulKikyo
Pup
graphgraph
Pyreite wrote:
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:

Right, when you mean 'upload' do you mean in the art section of Dokuga, or just to show the stamp on your own profile?

I mean if you've created the stamps to be uploaded onto Dokuga, so that anyone could link to them or use it, than yeah that's different to hotlinking the Image URL into your profile.

If however you just want to show the stamp as an image on your profile page than yes, you will need to use Photobucket to hotlink the image like I have done with the banner in my signature.

If the stamp is already sitting on Dokuga, you could just need to drag and drop it into your profile. Not sure how that will work. You'll need to check Roo's tutorials I think.

I've never done that before in my own profile, even though I have hotlinked images from Photobucket before.

~ Pyre

Just to show the image on my own profile, I would have to hotlink it. Ok thats what I was trying to figure out on how everyone else had done so. Roo's tutorials were a tad bit confusing on the drag, and drop, so my poor profile has been empty.

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problems Editing Profile 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:
... I cannot update the "About me" and "Main". When I type something into those sections, and update it, it would say it was updated, but everything I wrote does not show up when I view the profile ...

I just did a test using Chrome editing your profile and it worked okay. Both the Main and About Me sections updated fine.

Did you see any sort of error at the top of the page? I think if there was anything it would have been in a blue, or red, box.

-J

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:

Just to show the image on my own profile, I would have to hotlink it. Ok thats what I was trying to figure out on how everyone else had done so. Roo's tutorials were a tad bit confusing on the drag, and drop, so my poor profile has been empty.

Right, so it is hotlinking an Image URL. You'll only be able to do it by using the IMG tag in the BB - Board codes.

I can walk you through it unless you've already done so:

1 - Open a Photobucket Account.
2 - Log into your PB Account.
3 - Upload your image onto your PB account.
4 - Make note of the image URL of the image you uploaded onto PB. Copy that URL by highlighting it with your mouse, and either right-click with the right mouse button, and choose COPY from the dropdown menu, OR, hightlight the Image's URL and hold the CTRL key down on your keyboard and at the same time press the 'C' key.

The CTRL + C key are 'hotkey' shortcuts for the COPY function.

5 - Open a new browser window, and log into Dokuga.
6 - Go to your Profile page on Dokuga and click on the EDIT button, and select the UPDATE YOUR PROFILE option.
7 - Wait for the editing windows to load and open.
8 - Go to either the MAIN tab OR the ABOUT ME tab depending on where you want your stamps/images to show up on your profile page.
9 - Type in text or whatever you want on the ABOUT ME or the MAIN tab if you want to add in anything important like ficlet updates or something.

If you just want the stamp displayed you'll need to use the [IMG][/IMG] BB-Board tag to hotlink your image from your Photo Bucket account.

Just paste your PB Image URL that you copied before between these tags like this [IMG]imageurl[/IMG]

Note that you have to put 'IMG' in square brackets, will need two IMG tags, and have to close the 2nd tag off with an / in front of IMG like this as indicated above.

10 - You'll need to repeat the copy pasting of the image URL for any and all other stamps you use, using a separate pair of IMG tags for each one.

This is what I would do LOL, you may only need to use one pair of IMG tags for all of them. I don't know for certain.

11 - To check if your image link works, click on the UPDATE button at the bottom of your profile editing page on Dokuga.

This will save the changes you've made.

12 - View your profile page. The hotlinked image should be visible, if it isn't than your URL was probably incorrect, OR your [IMG][/IMG] tags weren't closed off properly.
13 - Repeat steps 6 to 12 and try again.
14 - If it's still not working you'll need to PM Mith or Roo or Wiccan or post into the forum asking for help from the Admins.

~ Pyre

P.S: I'd give you screenshots, but I can't XD. Sorry. I used to write detailed troubleshooting guides with loads of them.

Hope that helps, if not than I'm a terrible explainery person XD.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/10/15 21:44 By Pyre.
SorrowfulKikyo
Pup
graphgraph
Mitharus wrote:
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:
... I cannot update the "About me" and "Main". When I type something into those sections, and update it, it would say it was updated, but everything I wrote does not show up when I view the profile ...

I just did a test using Chrome editing your profile and it worked okay. Both the Main and About Me sections updated fine.

Did you see any sort of error at the top of the page? I think if there was anything it would have been in a blue, or red, box.

-J

After typing a paragraph, then updating it, there would be a blue box on top left saying it was updated, but when viewing it, all the writing would be gone. I was using Safari on my apple mac mini, and internet explorer, firefox on my laptop. When I used my ipad abit ago, I was able to update the "About Me", but was not able to save any writing in "Main". But I was now able to hotlink stamps/banners to the sections now, where before I couldn't . Now I'm trying to see if I can get Chrome on my apple pc. Thank you so much for helping me

Logged Logged
SorrowfulKikyo
Pup
graphgraph
Pyreite wrote:
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:

Right, so it is hotlinking an Image URL. You'll only be able to do it by using the IMG tag in the BB - Board codes.

I can walk you through it unless you've already done so:

1 - Open a Photobucket Account.
2 - Log into your PB Account.
3 - Upload your image onto your PB account.
4 - Make note of the image URL of the image you uploaded onto PB. Copy that URL by highlighting it with your mouse, and either right-click with the right mouse button, and choose COPY from the dropdown menu, OR, hightlight the Image's URL and hold the CTRL key down on your keyboard and at the same time press the 'C' key.

The CTRL + C key are 'hotkey' shortcuts for the COPY function.

5 - Open a new browser window, and log into Dokuga.
6 - Go to your Profile page on Dokuga and click on the EDIT button, and select the UPDATE YOUR PROFILE option.
7 - Wait for the editing windows to load and open.
8 - Go to either the MAIN tab OR the ABOUT ME tab depending on where you want your stamps/images to show up on your profile page.
9 - Type in text or whatever you want on the ABOUT ME or the MAIN tab if you want to add in anything important like ficlet updates or something.

If you just want the stamp displayed you'll need to use the [IMG][/IMG] BB-Board tag to hotlink your image from your Photo Bucket account.

Just paste your PB Image URL that you copied before between these tags like this [IMG]imageurl[/IMG]

Note that you have to put 'IMG' in square brackets, will need two IMG tags, and have to close the 2nd tag off with an / in front of IMG like this as indicated above.

10 - You'll need to repeat the copy pasting of the image URL for any and all other stamps you use, using a separate pair of IMG tags for each one.

This is what I would do LOL, you may only need to use one pair of IMG tags for all of them. I don't know for certain.

11 - To check if your image link works, click on the UPDATE button at the bottom of your profile editing page on Dokuga.

This will save the changes you've made.

12 - View your profile page. The hotlinked image should be visible, if it isn't than your URL was probably incorrect, OR your [IMG][/IMG] tags weren't closed off properly.
13 - Repeat steps 6 to 12 and try again.
14 - If it's still not working you'll need to PM Mith or Roo or Wiccan or post into the forum asking for help from the Admins.

~ Pyre

P.S: I'd give you screenshots, but I can't XD. Sorry. I used to write detailed troubleshooting guides with loads of them.

Hope that helps, if not than I'm a terrible explainery person XD.

Oh my goodness, thank you so much :woohoo: Your guide was easy to follow, and I was able to hotlink the stamps/banner to my profile. Thank you....thank you ::hugs::

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
SorrowfulKikyo wrote:

Oh my goodness, thank you so much Your guide was easy to follow, and I was able to hotlink the stamps/banner to my profile. Thank you....thank you ::hugs::

LOL! You're welcome! I was glad to help. I had this same problem a few years ago now on another website. It was a learning experience, although at that time I had to hotlink using the raw HTML image tags. Not fun. I'm glad that the BB-board IMG tags make life easier. XD.

Again, you're welcome.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.