Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Problem with my Dokuga Account
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problem with my Dokuga Account
smcandy
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Problem with my Dokuga Account 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0

I was recommended by ~~Wiccan~~ to post this form here.

I’m been having problems for some time in editing my profile (About Me) and (Main) when I click to save my changes they do not show that long with using any of the controls for changing the font and appearance of how it profile comes out. When I try to click even on making link nothing happens is this something to do with site?

Is there way to fix this if it has to do with what brose a user uses having to change ones brose for the sake fo ne account should not be the case for anyone. Can this not all work and be compatible with all internet browsers?

Edit: Moved out of the 'solved' category. -J

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/06/09 20:00 By mitharus. Reason: Moved topic from solved to main level

TLC - ~smcandy~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Eve
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my Dokuga Account 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi, I have had this issue myself.
So I know what you are going thru.

For the longest time I couldn't get mine to change even thou I did everything that it said to do and no one seemed to know what it was.

I actually was able to change it in the last two weeks as I got an iPad and just to see if it would work and walla!
Now I just have to make it better as I did it as test just to see if I could get it to work.
I think it may have had something to do with my anti virus or possibly was some thing to do with my 2010 laptop.
But with the new iPad it just worked.
So try it from another devise and see what results you get.
Crossing my fingers for your success!
Eve

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my Dokuga Account 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 53
smcandy wrote:
I’m been having problems for some time in editing my profile (About Me) and (Main) when I click to save my changes they do not show that long with using any of the controls for changing the font and appearance of how it profile comes out. When I try to click even on making link nothing happens is this something to do with site?

What web browser/version are you using? i.e Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 17, Chrome 27 ... etc.

The site really dislikes IE. It may help if you switch IE to be in Compatibility View mode (The broken page icon on the location bar).

If it isn't IE, then the browser/version would help to try figuring it out. I'm guessing it's a JavaScript thing since that editor is all JS. Can you make changes manually, but putting something like:

Code:

This [url=http://www.google.com]is a[/url] test -
[b]BOLD[/b] [i]Italics[/i]

In the page?

-J

Logged Logged
smcandy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my Dokuga Account 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi's there Eve,

One I do not have an ipad. I do want one for the next holiday or birthday gift but at the moment I do not have any other wireless or internet device to help me get around this problem. I also have not intensions of changing my browser for the sake of one website IE was always been my best and most functional browser compared to another one I had to use for short time a few years ago.

If this website can be hold and work well with all other internet browsers than why can it do the same with Internet explorer? with all the money in donations this site needs ever year to keep it up. Does none of it get used to make it more compatible with IE or other programs that can help smooth out this problem?

Thanks for the advice but at the moment this wil not help me slove the problem anytime soon.

Logged Logged

TLC - ~smcandy~
smcandy
Pup
graphgraph
Hi's there dokuga Admin. Mitharus.

The browser I’m using and have been using for a while is Internet Explorer. The version is well updated enough but I have not plan to make any more adjustments for just one website so that I can function my Dokuga account more properly.

With all due respect to the administration and website owner of Dokuga. This should be the job of the website to keep up on being everything compatible with all the browsers that members use to just accesses their accounts here.

If this website can be hold and work well with all other internet browsers than why can it do the same with Internet explorer? with all the money in donations this site needs ever year to keep it up. Does none of it get used to make it more compatible with IE or other programs that can help smooth out this problem?

If could I would try that and see if anything helps but where do I go and find Compatibility View mode (The broken page icon on the location bar)?

Logged Logged

TLC - ~smcandy~
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my Dokuga Account 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Let me assure you, first, that all money donated to the site is used to keep the site online.

Our site hosting costs $2,808 for ONE YEAR. That is on a server that affords the site enough space for all that we have on our server. This is with a hosting company that is the most responsive I've ever dealt with. Unlike this site's predecessor, A Single Spark, this site has a consistently excellent record of uptime. This money pays ONLY to host our site with this company.

Our chat hosting, which we really will need to review, costs almst $300 a year. Even if you don't use the chat feature, we have many others who do, and who gladly donate to keep that feature active.

Thus, this site needs a total of $3,108 JUST TO STAY ONLINE.

Our site personnel DO NOT GET PAID. Mitharus, our tech guru, DONATES HIS TIME. I find it incredibly unfair to insinuate that he doesn't handle what this site needs done merely because your favored browser doesn't work well with our site. Frankly, there are dozens of browsers available - and many of them MUCH better than Internet Exploder (oops, my prejudice is showing, lol!).

I am sorry that your favored browser does not interface well with this site. The fact remains, however, that we do not have the funds to completely re-do this site JUST to make it work with ONE browser. Mitharus does what he can to patch the site to fix the bugs we encounter with Internet Explorer, but I will not infringe on his goodwill and free time to any further extent. We are incredibly lucky to have him helping us and I, for one, am extremely grateful that he's been able to address as many issues as he has!

So, please, do not make any further inferences that the donations to this site are misused merely because the site does not work well with your browser. I find it somewhat offensive to those who donate so much of their free time and work so hard to keep this place available to its members.

~~Wiccan~~
PS - It's almost that time again... time for our annual fundraising! Please consider carefully what I've said here when deciding whether or not Dokuga is worthy of your hard-earned funds.

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

smcandy
Pup
graphgraph
Hello's again WiccanMethuselah,

I never said that IE is my favorite browser . I’m not sure where this assumption came from but you are incorrect to say such to me.

I say what I say because of tech problems in the past of using another browser that your website supports, it never did well for my PC and for just one website I’m not about to change it. I’m not mad or anything everyone has a preferred browser that works better for them than others. This site should be able to someday or somehow support IE in some shape or form having to change it for that reason is not enough cause for me and I’m sure for many others would say the same to just change it unless they are having a lot of connection and tech problems with the browser elsewhere. I have on this site not the rest of my accounts that I have online.

I might be eating my own words later on down the road but until I do I do not the reason unless for something much major and tech to need to change my next browser.

Unless my browser is causing me more problems than to just one website I find it not necessary to change it for this. When I first open an account here the IE was working fine with me changing and adjust the setting to my account until recently.

If there were more problems with it when just not be 100% compatible with the website then for sure I’d be changing the browser but it is IE 9. I had it for a past three year without any problem especially since I got a new PC form back then.

Logged Logged

TLC - ~smcandy~
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my Dokuga Account 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
My problem was not with your preference or otherwise for IE9. My problem arose when you questioned how the donations to the site were spent. As I run the fundraising every year, I wanted to make sure that anyone reading this thread knew how our donations were spent and why we have no funds left over for a site overhaul to keep up with IE's evolution.

At some point, I imagine the site will cease to function with a number of browsers. It's inevitable, unless Mitharus has an abundance of free time to accomplish something like this. Until that happens, however, we cobble things together to make sure that the site is available to as many as possible.

Again, I am sorry that the site does not function well with IE9. I wish there was something more that could be done to rectify the problem. We do the best we can with the volunteer time that we have available, and provide for the site as best we can with the funds with which we are gifted.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem with my Dokuga Account 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 53
smcandy wrote:
If could I would try that and see if anything helps but where do I go and find Compatibility View mode (The broken page icon on the location bar)?

Hi smc,

I've attached an image that points at the Compatibility View icon on IE 9.

I also tested that on IE 9, with compatibility view enabled (it's a blue color when on), that I can update the profile About/Main entries... The compatibility view may need to be disabled again if you run into other issues... :/

-J

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.