Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53
So, now that I'm actually figuring out how the code works, well starting to anyway, on Joomla that Dokuga uses, I gots me a question...

How many would be interested at me digging into looking at making a mobile optimized site for Dokuga after I take care of some of the other pressing issues?

Right now if you hit it on a mobile device, it's in its full graphics glory... (Which can be a pain :/ ). To do it right, it *may* take an update of the site software (which may fix many of the IE9 bugs itself.. Yeah! No dealing with IE!), and definitely making all new templates... but hey, that's what the mirror I have setup is for...

Only reason I even thought of this, is because I happened to notice a couple hits on the site, one from a PSP, and the other from an iPhone... I just didn't know if anyone cared that much to even consider looking into it. =)

Later,
-J

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
elisa128
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
!!!!!WE WOULD LOVE YOU FOR IT!!!!!!1

Logged Logged

I claim Hiten’s smirkCopy this code to your website to display this banner!

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” - Helen Keller
1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
Absolutely! A mobile version is always easier to work with

Hey, not sure if anyone noticed, or I'm just really slow, but I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and now I can send reviews! I know I couldn't review with my 3GS, and not sure if it changed before that, but....yeah. Anyway, I was so stoked I could review from the convenience of my iPhone!

Another new thing about iOS 5 is that on this website (and even the ones you read from that have a mobile version), you can click on the "reader" tab in the address bar. So if you're here in dokuga, select your story and let it load to the chapter you want and then look up at the web address tab at the top and you'll see a reader button. Click on that and voila! SO MUCH EASIER TO READ. Although, I could do this on my iMac and Pro before, this appears to be new on iPhone.

While FF.net has a mobile version, you can use the reader there as well. I like the reader format better than the mobile version for clarity and size. I'm sure you can change the font sizes and whatnot on the mobile version, but I'm just lazy I guess.

Sorry, major Mac nerd, but I thought I'd share for those out there who would want to know.

But yes, a mobile optimized site would be cool.

Logged Logged
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 21
I read....ehrm, a lot on my iPhone 3GS. I find it easy to read, but it won't let me review. I would like that, but I have made a habit of reading on my phone and then going back to the story with my laptop and review.

So, if it's possible, I would like it. But, really...no pressure. :shrugs:

Thanks for your hard work mith

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 24
YES PLEASE! That way... I'll be able to keep track of Dokuga better, especially within the next few months where my computer time will be severely limited. :3

Logged Logged

Houjin Shikaku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I would love it as well! I always read on my ipod,

Logged Logged

I claimed the Soul Piper\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Pipe in the Claim Game!
Ejunkie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
*m* I ALWAYS USE MY IPHONE. x'D My computer is out of order, so it is my only means of accessing the internet, and downloading less data would definitely help. 8'D It'd make a few of us over the moon. <3

Logged Logged

Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 22
I would LOVE this. I'm on Dokuga on my Blackberry at work almost as much as I am on the site at home. It works well enough but sometimes I wish it was a little better. That of course might change when I get the new Blackberry Bold in a few weeks but still I'm all for it!

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53
Well then...

If ya'll could start filling bug reports for me then:

Lookie here on mob device - Mirror Site

It does need the template worked on (it is currently still the default setup), and everything, but it's a start. Maybe?

So, yeah... Just start yell'in at me in this thread, and I'll start trying to get things saneish.

-J

Logged Logged
beckyducky
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 27
oh my gosh a mobile version?! LOVE! okay so i clicked on the link for the mobile site before i logged in. i couldnt find a place to log in so i just went back to the home site and logged in from there. I still can't review from my phone bu i'm not sure if that's just because my phone sucks or it's a site problem. My phone is a Samsung Intercept with android 2.1. Thanks for putting the time and effort into the mobile endeavor~!

Logged Logged

I claimed Goshinboku in the Claim Game~! trees rule.
Houjin Shikaku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I'm totally technically challenged and have almost absolutely no idea what goes into creating a mobile optimized site, or what exactly the difference is, So in my eyes you are absolutely AMAZING lol anyways...

I tried the test site with my kindle (which works great with m.fanfiction.net) and I had to zoom in to get the text to fit so I could read it but other than that it worked pretty fine. But when I went to write a review, I had troubles getting back to the story.

I wrote the review and submitted and then it brought me back to the "write a review" page. I pressed the back button and said that it was unable to open page. However, my internet connection wasn't the greatest so that might have contributed to the error, so to verify I will test it again when I have secure and steady internet access.

Thank you!!

Logged Logged

I claimed the Soul Piper\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Pipe in the Claim Game!
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Mobile "optimized" Site for Dokuga 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 21
THAT on your story was my test for iPhone 3GS xD

It didn't let me go back with the 'back' button to the story, and it didn't let me review. I couldn't write in the 'review' area. It has always happened

Yet, I CAN write on Forums with it :Shrugs:

Thanks for the hard work!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.