Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Having Trouble Posting New Chapter From Explorer9?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Having Trouble Posting New Chapter From Explorer9?
Erynnn
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Having Trouble Posting New Chapter From Explorer9? 13 Years ago Karma: 0
Well, the title pretty much says it all. I'm having trouble posting a new chapter for my story from Internet Explorer 9. I copy and paste from word into the text box, and it shows up, but I can't edit any of it, add anything to it (such as an author's note), and when I submit it, the chapter shows up blank. Zero words. :'( What's going on? Is this a problem with Dokuga or is it not compatible with Internet Explorer 9? Please help!!

Thanks,
~ErinNicole

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/03/29 18:16 By Erynnn.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble Posting New Chapter From Explorer9? 13 Years ago Karma: 277
Dokuga has always had problems with Internet Exploder... always. I strongly recommend that you download Firefox or something similar in order to upload to the site. Even then, sometimes things don't translate well from certain word processors. I know that some have had trouble with Open Office, so I recommend MS Word if you have it.

Unless, or until, Miss K re-emerges, this will be an on-going problem. I'm sorry I can't do more to help!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble Posting New Chapter From Explorer9? 13 Years ago Karma: 66
You're not the only one who's had this problem. You're better off uploading it using Firefox if you have it on your computer. Maybe it's a compatibility issue with IE 9. That's my guess.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Erynnn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble Posting New Chapter From Explorer9? 13 Years ago Karma: 0
Thanks so much ^^ I downloaded Firefox and the uploading works fine now. Hopefully Miss K will come back soon!!

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble Posting New Chapter From Explorer9? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 66
I think I've solved the problem to the problem of posting stories through IE9. Go to Tools>Compatiblity View Settings>add www.dokuga.com to your list of webpages in Compatibility View or check the box 'Display all websites in Compatibility View', which is a much easier option.

If you want, submit a 'test' story to see if it works. If your word count is more than '0', then you can submit any fics you want with IE9. I hope this helps.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.