Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Having Trouble With "Paste from Word"?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Having Trouble With "Paste from Word"?
Erynnn
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Having Trouble With "Paste from Word"? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I am having trouble with the "Paste from Word" button when trying to add a new chapter to my story. I click it, and the window pops up, but it's just a blank white page. Even the "Paste as Plain Text" button is doing it. am I doing something wrong, or is something wrong with it, or what? Please help! I haven't been able to post my new chapter for two days now Thanks.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kitten
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble With "Paste from Word"? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
When all else fails: Ctrl + C and Ctrl + C

Works every time.
(Unless it's in ProTools 8...the buttholes don't understand that I may want to duplicate a track! Dx)

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble With "Paste from Word"? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 53
This is really only worth reading if you have Word 2007 or newer

I've never posted anything, but I know that newer versions of Windows/Word really... mess things up that should be easy.

I don't know what the "Paste from Word" thing is, but as Kitten mentioned you should, theoretically anyway, be able to to just select the text, and Copy (Ctrl-C) the text from word, then Paste (Ctrl-V) the text into the box.

If that's not working, then I've ran across versions of Word when working with a ".docx" document in Word, that it just breaks things completely. You could try saving it as a ".doc" file (Word 97-2003 format) and trying the "Paste from Word" again. Word acts differently if it's working with a .doc file, than if it's working with the newer .docx file.

One other thing to try if the Copy/Paste directly doesn't work, would be to save your document as a Rich Text Document [.rtf] (Should keep basic formatting like bold, italics, etc.), then open that document with wordpad (Start->Run: wordpad ; -or- Right click the file, Open With -> Wordpad)

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble With "Paste from Word"? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
Sounds like your on Internet Explorer using it. It does it to me on there as well. I have to use FireFox to upload everything onto the site. The popup box isn't working for some reason with IE so you have to paste it into the big box then go in and put things like bold, italics, extra spaces and that in manually.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Fishy!
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Having Trouble With "Paste from Word"? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
if youre using Internet explorer then I would say that is the problem, the thing is that its using a scripted window... -example- if youre editing your profile and you hit the little "insert image" button it pops up with this little window where you add in the address of the image... Internet explorer is notorious for not letting scripted windows work, and there is no feature to trust a site and always use the scripted windows.

I eventually just started using Opera to browse boards and the like.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.