Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
scrolling left to right
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: scrolling left to right
Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
scrolling left to right 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Is there a way that there could be a rule made about people who have signatures that make you have to scroll left to right in the forum? Some people have sigs that have repeating characters like ................ or //////////// that makes the person reading the topic have to scroll left to right to read ALL responses on that page. I know its a small thing, but its a big irritation to those who don't have the best vision.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:scrolling left to right 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
Well it's not necessarily people. I once had "isn't" in my summary for my fanfic, and it appeared as "isn///////////t once I saved the change. I think there some problem with the "'".

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/14 21:45 By xMaddiex.

Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:scrolling left to right 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Oh see, I rarely see it in the fic summaries, its usually here in the forum. -taps lip- But I wonder if it could possibly have something to do with smart quotes. I know that sometimes if you have not turned of smart quotes in programs like microsoft word, you get some funky symbols when you upload things to the net. Usually when I see it for smart quotes or some other formatting issue, it looks like what you showed, not the massive, continuous lines that I've seen.

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:scrolling left to right 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -666
I've seen what you're talking about, but I haven't had it interfere with my ability to read the posts. It usually just wraps down to the second line. It might be your browser. Mind you, I'm not completely well-versed in the technicalities, so I may be wrong. I just haven't had a similar situation.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:scrolling left to right 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
I know those litle slashes that your talking about. They appear in my signature lines. I didn't put them there they randomly show up. I know that it isn't a problem with importing something from word...because I've never done that, I just typed what I wanted in the box. I noticed that more slashes show up when you update the signature line.

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:scrolling left to right 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Lady Orrin wrote:
I know those litle slashes that your talking about. They appear in my signature lines. I didn't put them there they randomly show up. I know that it isn't a problem with importing something from word...because I've never done that, I just typed what I wanted in the box. I noticed that more slashes show up when you update the signature line.

See thats weird, I don't see them in yours at all. I wonder what it could be then that makes 'em show up. I don't think it's my browser...I've been using firefox for a while now...unless theres some compatibility issues with firefox and the forums. On another note, I'm kinda glad that you guys have seen them though and its not something that I'm just seeing. Eh, either way. If it keeps up, I'll just have to copy/paste into word, open office or wordpad with the wordwrap on. No biggie now that I know its some sort of weird glitch.

Logged Logged
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:scrolling left to right 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
They showed up when I added things to my signaure, they bug me....so I delete them. I have not added or updated my signature line in a while so no more have showed up.

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.