Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Anyone else unable to see older fanart?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Anyone else unable to see older fanart?
BoundlessAether
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anyone else unable to see older fanart? 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there, been a spell.

I hopped back on here to share some fanart I did over a year back with a friend, however the art isn't appearing for me -- it takes me to a 404 Not Found broken link page. And it looks like a bunch of fanart I've put into favorite's in the past are also facing the same issue. I don't have copies of those artworks so I had hoped to grab them here.

I skimmed the forums and couldn't spot if someone mentioned this or not (apologies if its in plain sight), I'm guessing this has impacted older fanwork since we can see the recent submissions. Would this be something on my end I'm doing, or is the site slowly sifting out older works?

Let me know your thoughts/adivce! thanks,

B

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Anyone else unable to see older fanart? 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
You may wish to read through this thread to understand exactly what happened to many (but not all) of the arts we had on the site:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/6-general-discussion/123446-great-debacle-of-2021

I swear, if my life ever settles down (last month was girl having surgery, this month dog is dying, musical cars involving impromptu 600 mile round trips) I will go on the Wayback Machine and check out some of the things that they have archived there. With any luck we can get some of those restored to Dokuga, but it will take an ungodly amount of copying, pasting, and tagging to get them in usable format again.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

BoundlessAether
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anyone else unable to see older fanart? 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
That was a rough read, very sorry that all happened. I think its pretty damn good thinking on your end to have salvaged as much as you had given the circumstances, massive kudos for keeping this site sailing. I wish I knew more about this area to commend you properly-- you went above and beyond as it is, please do focus on life on your end. :- )

Is there anything us as a community could do to support you/relieve some of the pressure? Might be a silly question to ask since from the sounds of it, its like entering the matrix to restore things back in order.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Anyone else unable to see older fanart? 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
I have to give all credit to Mitharus, our tech guru who is inundated in RL as well. He's the one who found the backup that had all the 'Spark stories on it, he's the one that managed to keep us moving, and he's the one this site would have sunk (at several different points) without!

We are deeply grateful to everyone who has contributed to the site, whether monetarily, or though their stories and arts. I can't tell you how incredible this community has been in keeping this site alive all this time. We've been lucky AND blessed with some of the most incredible members - every time I think we're gonna sink, a group here or there comes through to lift us up again, so I'm all about our members - authors, artists, AND readers.

Thank you so much for your kind understanding and for your offer of assistance. Both are truly, deeply appreciated! If I come up with a way to crowdsource getting some of those artworks back, I'll be sure to holler!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.