Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
A helpful tip for writer's block!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: A helpful tip for writer's block!
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A helpful tip for writer's block! 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
I find the best way to cure writer's block is to just sit down and free write, just kind of brain storm ideas,like write down everything that comes to mind, until things start coming together well

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:A helpful tip for writer's block! 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 26
Hmmm... sounds like a pretty good idea. Now to find the motivation to sit down and write/type those words. I have the perfect opportunity to be working on a story at this very moment, yet I keep finding other ways to distract myself.

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:A helpful tip for writer's block! 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Lol I motivate myself by the thought of just having my work out there for everyone to read.It makes me so happy to get all the ideas out. I feel soooooo accomplished.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
SessKago
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A helpful tip for writer's block! 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
I thinks thats a great idea and I do get writers block alot but does it work all the time?

Logged Logged
InuLuna of The Moon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A helpful tip for writer's block! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
It may not work all the time. Depends on the person.

If you think on it, "What is writer's block?" and continue from there. For me, my mind literally goes blank. I try to write what comes later and that doesn't work either. Here are some of my tips.

1. Changing to another story? -Sometimes can help.
2. Going outside for inspiration? Even if it rains! -Walking around the place can get you somewhere to.
3. Just talking with some one else online or in the real world around you.
4. Spinning in your chair till your dizzy. -lol
5. Exercise! You may be bored?
6. Read or do something you have been wanting to do for the longest time!
7. Go to an old museum? -Maybe you can get a vibe. -shrugs-
8. Look at other languages and what their words mean. Even the different types of cultures.
For instance; In some places yes means no and no means yes. In Germany it is considered rude and in some places you are not allowed to have your hands in your lap during a meal or out at a diner. You have to put your hands on the table in front of you. Where everyone can see them! Because, they may think you are fondling one of the ladies or men.
And in some tribes, depending on what hand of yours is the dominant, you are not allowed to shake their hand in the normal English way of greeting. Because, out there they don't have soap. (I'll give you a hint. The living/bathroom conditions. Like a male using his main hand to hold his... You get the point. ^-^) It is considered an insult.
9. You can look at your story or stories you have written and read them from the beginning! Who knows? Maybe you can get inspiration or re-feel that joy, severe want that draws you in like a moth to a flame that started writing in the first place, to write again and continue where you had left off.
10. Read a ton of jokes or listen to some humor!
11. Go with a friend or family member to anywhere in your town/city/village ect... -Some form of change is refreshing ne? Well, unless you have a phobia or are afraid of change.
12. My personal favorite. ^-^ Take a nap. Helps especially if you haven't had much sleep.

Logged Logged
SessKago
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A helpful tip for writer's block! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Thank You ffor the info!

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:A helpful tip for writer's block! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 60
I tend to bounce ideas off another author and we end up coming up with great ideas!

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.