Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
plot help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: plot help
Red
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
plot help 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 6
Hi. I have some plot that have been eating at me. My problem is first I don't know if there even any good second which one to write. Basically I am bouncing my ideas out to see what kind of response I get.

Plot A. Is set in modern times where the well never opens up. After the well closes, Kagome resvie mysteries letter. She decided no harm in responding, so sort of a pen pal thing develops. Kagome sees this as a good way to tell her feudal era stores, just framing it as a work of fiction. This allows me to show events in the past between them. Evently I have them meeting in the future after a few events and things moving on from there.

I have another one two and not sure if it's any good.

Plot B. Is set in an AU version of the earth. This is a path earth took where youkai and human societry are intermingles, technology is somewhat modern but with feudal values still existing. At the death of Kagome famliy where only she and her bother survive she goes to live on her Uncle estate in till such time as her bother is old enough to take over for her father, and she can be married. Of course here coison Kikyou is unhappy with perfect Kagome and ties everything in her power to humalter her. And yeah it goes on form there but I don't want to give alot away if I decided to write it.

Logged Logged

I claim Byakuya paper crane in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:plot help 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
I think both of these plotlines are very good. If you're a first time writer, you may want to get a beta reader to bounce ideas off of and really firm up the plotline, and get constructive criticism and support; that way, you also don't have to worry about giving to much away to a more general audience.

I can't really say which one to do if you want to choose between them. My advice about this is the format of the story: when I first started writing, I dove headfirst into chaptered writing, and ended up fizzling out by the halfway point of the plot. I write to enjoy myself and relax and share my views with others, and found that oneshots and drabbles make me happier. And I know that a lot of authors write oneshots/series of oneshots to keep up with their writing skills without devoting a lot of time to a really detailed plot (not that you can't have a detailed plot with a oneshot/drabble series). Anyways, if you're just starting out and aren't quite comfortable with your writing skills, a series of oneshots may be a good way to enter into fanfiction writing.

That being said, the second plot you shared with us jumps out at me more as being capable of lending itself to a long, complex fic. Though, honestly, either one could be long and complex or a oneshot series depending on how you write each one.

Logged Logged
Red
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:plot help 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 6
Thanks, I'm not a first time writer, but I am a first time for Inuyasha. I know I need to find a beta, trust me, I know the power of beta's. But thank you very much for your opinion, like I said I was just even trying to see if the ideas I have are even any good.

Logged Logged

I claim Byakuya paper crane in the claim game.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:plot help 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 156
I think both the plotlines have potential.

Still, I have to say that personally, I believe it's not as much about the basic idea of the fic, but what the writer will DO with it. Though, I can understand wanting to bounce ideas and have some confirmation from others about the basic plot idea in order to kick-start the writing process. :3

But at the very core of it, your own opinion is what matters the most. You should choose an idea which YOU will find interesting. So that you will want to keep on writing. The idea is but a corner stone - it is crucial for building up the story, but what kind of a story you are going to build in your own hands, and that's the fun of it!

Logged Logged
Lily Noir
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:plot help 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
I agree with Chie, you should write the idea you are the most comfortable with. That one has the most potential of turning into a good, productive fic (Inspiration comes more easily).

That being said, I'm leaning more on PlotB

~lily

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.