Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
having troubles not being confusing
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: having troubles not being confusing
Banana
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
having troubles not being confusing 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
So my story Her Light, Sessh travels back in time and runs into the younger version of himself.

How the heck can I write about them interacting without being confusing???

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:having troubles not being confusing 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -666
You could try using terms like "the young daiyoukai" and "the older daiyoukai", or "the younger Sesshoumaru" and "the older Sesshoumaru".

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:having troubles not being confusing 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
Maybe, if you show "young Sesshomaru" interacting with peers or servants who might be fond of him, you could have them refer to him with a cute, short version of his name, and you could adopt that in some of the passages that refer to him during this time period. If he's a stiff who does not allow such familiarity, maybe you could refer to him from time to time as "Prince Sesshomaru", and the older version as "Lord Sesshomaru".

Logged Logged
soulNchantress
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:having troubles not being confusing 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
I like those ideas.

Maybe you could give the younger version a nickname, and have the older Sesshomaru comment on how much he hates/hated that name.

Logged Logged

Speedy Tomato
Pup
graphgraph
Re:having troubles not being confusing 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Actually, I had to deal with something very, very similar in A Tangled Mess. What I did was this... the Sesshomaru that was the main one in the story I called Sesshomaru then refered to the other as the feudal version of Sesshomaru or something similar. That was until I had Kagome tagged him with a very disrespectful nickname. After that, when things smoothed out, it was a version of 'her' Sesshomaru and the feudal one. It seemed to work out quite well and no one ended up too confused about what I was doing. As their personalities were slightly different, it was easy to figure out which one was which even in conversations between the two Sesshomarus. If you want to look at what I did, it was in the last several chapters (I can't remember the numbers of them at this juncture, sorry), probably between 5-7 of them before the ending.

Hope that helps!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.