Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Trying to Clear a Road Block! HELP!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Trying to Clear a Road Block! HELP!
Vyncent
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Trying to Clear a Road Block! HELP! 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
I am trying to move forward with one of my stories, but have run into a road block. I am not really good at coming up with my own characters... Not that I don't want to do them, but I kind look at the ideas, and end up with scrambles eggs. Not really suitable for being a half decent character. Now, however, I really need to come up with two self made characters. One Male, and one Female. I am torn between a choice of phoenix, or a fire fox. I keep seesawing back and forth between the two, so I need to pick one. Also, I need names for them. I have been looking around and occasionally find one that might work, only to find that I am either looking at a surname, or all the given names are male. HELP! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as long as it is not directing me to webpages that have umpty nine bajillion names that are in a text format that even a magnifying glass would not allow me to read.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Trying to Clear a Road Block! HELP! 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
Now this may sound odd but since they are both dealing with fire in some way, why not make a mix breed character? like maybe it could take on the physical qualities of the fox but have the power of the Phoenix or vice versa. Just a suggestion. I know it's a weird one. Of course that's just one character so maybe that didn't help you out much.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Trying to Clear a Road Block! HELP! 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 156
Here is a link to information about historical Japanese names.

As for naming characters I'm personally partial to the Behind the Name website. For fanfic purposes though I've also compiled lists of both male and female given names for my own use.

Hope these help!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/10/17 08:44 By Chie.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.