Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
looking
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: looking
alexis
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
looking 6 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
hey I'm looking for someone I can bounce ideas off of.. I have decided to step from just reading fanfiction to writing it. I have so many half ides and I have no idea how to start with them. if anyone has time once in a while and they could lend me an ear that would be great!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kairou Watoshimi
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:looking 6 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 19
Oooh!! Sounds exciting!! I'll be happy to be the bouncing board for your ideas if you want! Always willing to lend an ear. Are you starting off with oneshots or chaptered stories? Good luck! Writing is fun despite all the stress. It'll all be worth it in the end.

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish.

Logged Logged
alexis
Pup
graphgraph
Re:looking 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
you are a life saver!! and eh not sure on one shots are hard for me to even think about like how do authors do it? like how do they decides that its enough???

Logged Logged
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
Re:looking 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
alexis wrote:
you are a life saver!! and eh not sure on one shots are hard for me to even think about like how do authors do it? like how do they decides that its enough???

Well, I guess it's like you read throu what you wrote and if it's boring you, you wrote too much?

Some stories just work well as stand-alones, and when, after reading it, you get that feeling of satisfaction, or a little niggling 'I wonder what happens next', then that's done right.

Also, if a particular muse happens to bite you, you can always do a sequel!

Logged Logged
alexis
Pup
graphgraph
Re:looking 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
Ooo is that how it is done?? Didn't think about it like that but I'll becoming u later this week to go over some ideas if that is ok!! And how do u find a beta??

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:looking 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 171
You can write down each of your ideas and start outlining, or brainstorming, whichever one works best for you. Write notes for the ideas and as you're doing that you'll start to be able to see if you want it to be long chapter story, a short chapter story, or a oneshot. Once you have enough notes or your confident you know exactly how and where you want the chapter to go then start writing it out.

This is what I do. Maybe this method will help if the other methods give you trouble. I myself like to outline my ideas and then completely outline a chapter before writing it so I don't lose any ideas trying to write out the chapter from memory. You lose ideas, words, and sentences that you want to write next, especially if you're interrupted and have to stop writing for a time.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.