Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Mobile Fanfiction
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Mobile Fanfiction
TamashaToko
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Mobile Fanfiction 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
Tbqh I haven't read a fanfic in a very long time... actually I think the last time I was craving it was when I was in high school 8 years ago printing it off on paper and reading it during class (no one be mad at me I haven't even read a book since Catching Fire and Game of Thrones before deciding to buy the audiobooks) and now I'm out of the loop when it comes to integrating it with new technology.

Currently I have a Microsoft Nextbook (which is like a low tier surface, one of those tablets that can replace your laptop sort of deals) and I want to save and read stories like I would a kindle book.

Problems I've already run into:

For whatever reason my kindle app on this device doesn't have an e-mail address to send documents to so my ideal experience is already out the window and I've found many people using the same device have the same problems.

There are various apps that will let me import and read .epub and .mobi files so I've tried that and using a program that is suppose to rip the fanfic off of ff.net and completely convert all chapters into a document to view, but when I've done that all I got was the link to the story, author's name, and summary of the story not the actual story itself.

I'm sure the easy solution would be to just copy and paste chapter by chapter of a story into a google doc and read it that way, but I'm sure you all have a modern way of enjoying fanfics on the go with your devices and I'd love to hear about them so I can start building up my library.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Mobile Fanfiction 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 156
I don't have a kindle or a tablet so I'm probably not much help. ^^; I mostly read fanfics on my phone these days.

Have you tried checking if the fics you want to read are up on AO3? They actually offer the option of downloading stories as epub or mobi or pdf.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Mobile Fanfiction 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 57
It's probably not working because FFNet has disabled general copying and pasting of content from the website.

Also you might find some authors with stuff on AO3.

Like Chie suggested, you can get EPUBS and MOBI files from there.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
TamashaToko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile Fanfiction 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
Thanks but it doesn't look like they have what I am looking for. I just reinstalled my Scrivener and once I remember how to use the damn thing I'll just use that... it is pretty cool cause it let's you cover art and everything if anyone would like me to make an epub version of their story for them let me know. I intend on putting a link on the pages to where I got the story from so when I'm reading them I can remember to leave a review.

Logged Logged
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile Fanfiction 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
Hmm, I think that the easy way might be blocked becase it could be misused and lead to plagiarism...
When on the go I either to find free wifi, use the mobile internet on my phone or, chapter by chapter, save them as pdf on my tablet.

Logged Logged
Belit Lihara
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile Fanfiction 7 Years ago Karma: 2
There is no other possible way to copy and paste, in fact I as an addict to the reading I have done this with a lot of fics and pass them to the tablet for when I travel or I am without internet, since without my main addiction I end up getting by the Walls, almost like a crack addict. XDD

Logged Logged
AlexisNight
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile Fanfiction 7 Years ago Karma: 10
Well.. For me I've been using this app called fan fiction reader... (It is the brown one) where you can read and download many fics though... (I've got 500 stories downloaded Hahahha in various pairings and shows)

It is pretty reliable even though you must use the search function to find the stories cause sometimes the browse function isn't working for less fics in other shows..

You can read it once you download it offline and it does not give up much space xD

All of the stories there are only available in fanfiction.com..

Hope this helps you

Logged Logged
AlexisNight
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mobile Fanfiction 7 Years ago Karma: 10
Here is an example though

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.