Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 57
Hiya,

I'm conflicted about continuing to write for How to Annoy A Hanyou. I have enjoyed the series so far, but lately after writing chapter 11, I have wondered if I should continue the plot-line of 'Kagome's subjugation necklace'.

I had intended to develop the idea more, though based on a general consensus, I seem to be enraging more than entertaining my readers lately.

Which is wonderful for me. I find it incredibly amusing that I can invoke such feelings of concern for Kagome in my readers, and such righteous indignation felt on her behalf too.

However, I have to wonder if I should continue in this line of plot.

I have considered removing chapters 10 and 11 altogether, along with deleting the entire series, and or leaving it up for reading but having it completed at the end of chapter 9.

I'm not sure what to do.

Would anyone want to read future chapters of How to Annoy A Hanyou if I left chapters 10 and 11 in?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Help.

XD.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/04/01 08:56 By Pyre.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 277
The whole idea of writing, I believe, is to serve your muse. If you have a direction for the necklace plotline, *I* think you should continue it to its conclusion.

Speaking for myself, I am VERY interested in seeing where you were going with this one. It is obviously a device that has been seldom-used in the fandom, thus my interest was piqued!! I'm to the point where, if you do decide to take out the chapters dealing with the necklace, do you s'pose you'd PM me about where you were headed with it???? Yeah, I'm that intrigued!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Pfairy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 2
As the author, I think you need to do whatever feels right for you. Personally, I like how the story is going! I'm always looking forward to the next chapter.

Logged Logged
Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 10
I can't speak as an author really, but I know that I'm still reading it. I was very pleased when you updated.

Logged Logged

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 57
Oh wow,

LOL!

Thank you so much Wiccan, Pfairy, and Onliime!

Oh!

I was really unsure if I should, you know, continue writing in the 'necklace' vein. I love the reviews I've gotten for chapters 10 and 11, they're very courteous and flattering, and always wonderfully forthright about things like:

'The boys are bad! The boys are being mean!' and 'Kagome deserves to be treated with respect! She shouldn't talk to those bad boys! She should guilt them into taking off that stupid necklace!

I laughed when I read them all, especially since every review follows more or less the same vein.

I suppose is that Kagome is so popular a character that we all empathise with her on some level, so the idea of her being treated like Inuyasha was with the subjugation beads is a little radical.

Which does make me want to write more about it just to annoy people.

And Wiccan, lol, nods I'll take you up on that if I remove chapters 10 and 11. I'm not sure as yet, so I might put the series as complete for now and work on other fics till I either write more for it or leave it as is.

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone.

You've been fabulous!

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 56
I personally like the idea that you've been using. I know my review sounded a bit frustrated. It does drive me nuts when she acts completely weak and helpless. she's smarter than to be manipulated... At least I would hope. I rather hope you keep those chapters in there. It is something to invoke such emotion from your readers. I would just like to see her come out on top after seeing so many stories where Sesshomaru is supposed to be this strong almighty character without any flaws... And we know that that's not the truth.. and also seen her forgive so easily over things that could truly be considered traumatic. just my thoughts.I really can't wait to see what you do with the story.

Logged Logged

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 57
KEdakumi wrote:
I personally like the idea that you've been using. I know my review sounded a bit frustrated. It does drive me nuts when she acts completely weak and helpless. she's smarter than to be manipulated... At least I would hope. I rather hope you keep those chapters in there. It is something to invoke such emotion from your readers. I would just like to see her come out on top after seeing so many stories where Sesshomaru is supposed to be this strong almighty character without any flaws... And we know that that's not the truth.. and also seen her forgive so easily over things that could truly be considered traumatic. just my thoughts.I really can't wait to see what you do with the story.

Lol!

No! Don't think that! Your review was wonderful! I appreciate you taking the time to read and review! I had just wondered, lol, if I should keep writing about the necklace overall, based on alot of feedback. XD. I might just set it aside for now while I ruminate on potential possibilities.

Thanks Kedakumi.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Haven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
-scratches the back of my head-
I've actually been waiting for it to update and checking it sometimes to see if it did XD

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 57
Haven Himori wrote:
I've actually been waiting for it to update and checking it sometimes to see if it did XD

Heya,

Lol, sorry, nods, I've ceased writing it as of about I forget four months ago now I think.

Plus with the less interest in Inuyasha-fandom, I've been writing less of it, and have been writing a tonne of stuff elsewhere.

I've only just gone back into Inu with another story.

How to Annoy A Hanyou, is over for me right now, so I doubt that I'll continue or finish it.

Also it's now been pulled off Dokuga and FFNet.

It remains on my AO3 page with all chapters up to 11.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/08/15 07:03 By Pyre.
Haven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Conflicted About How to Annoy A Hanyou 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Pyreite wrote:
Haven Himori wrote:

Heya,

Lol, sorry, nods, I've ceased writing it as of about I forget four months ago now I think.

Plus with the less interest in Inuyasha-fandom, I've been writing less of it, and have been writing a tonne of stuff elsewhere.

I've only just gone back into Inu with another story.

How to Annoy A Hanyou, is over for me right now, so I doubt that I'll continue or finish it.

Also it's now been pulled off Dokuga and FFNet.

It remains on my AO3 page with all chapters up to 11.

~ Pyre

Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep it in mind for when I need some giggles!
And I just looked to see which one is your new one and if you ever feel like writing something else I have a thread with ideas (currently 2) you're more then welcome to swipe :3
Anyways welcome back to the world of Inu fanfiction

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.