Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Question about A/N
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Question about A/N
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 27
Can we add links to authors notes?

I was thinking about having a Live Journal post where I had a "To Do List" that I keep updated (editing the post not making new ones) so people know what story I am working on and what chapter I plan on doing next if they are interested.

Also would help me stay on top of things if I have to say something like "Worked on Crashing Kagome today, tomorrow is Waiting For Dawn"

I would then just add a short link to my A/N that people can peek at. If they want to know where on my list the next chapter of a particular story is they just click the link as see where I am.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/09/22 01:12 By Avadrea.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
I honestly don't know if you can do that in a story/fanfiction posted A/N, since rthe Dokuga text-editor we use to post our stories to the site doesn't have a URL button to post a website address in. It does have an HTML editor, so I suppose you could enter it that way, but you'd need to know HTML coding, I think.

Otherwise you could post the A/N link on your profile page or in About Me. Readers will see it when they check your profile anyway.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/09/22 01:33 By Pyre.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 156
I just went to try linking it in HTML, and while it showed as a link in the chapter editing mode, it wasn't a link in the story itself. So I don't think linking is possible in a story.

Personally, I'd just put the URL on the A/N in plain text, for readers to copy/paste into their browsers. But a link in your profile would work out, too, like Pyreite suggested.

Logged Logged
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 27
I agree.. people could highlight and copy past or right click and select open link.

I was just wondering if links where against the rule.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/09/22 08:39 By Avadrea.

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 156
It's not mentioned in the rules, or the AN Guideline Thread, so I would assume it's allowed... (at least I have put an URL in an author's note before ^^; )

But if you want to play it safe, you can always ask Wiccan.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/09/22 09:51 By Chie.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Hey, sorry I didn't weigh in earlier...

Links are allowed on the site, unlike ff.net. What we don't want is pictures embedded in stories. Those will be immediately removed when found. Another no-no is funky font colors, or overly large/small fonts. Yes, I know the HTML will let you figure out how to do it, but please don't, 'k? If I find it, I have to go in and edit each chapter... and since I'm typing this at work already, there's a limit to how much I can fiddle with site stuff while I'm here, LOL!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 27
Thanks for letting us know Wiccan. I didn't want to have to bug you personally because I know how busy you are

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Question about A/N 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Avadrea wrote:
Thanks for letting us know Wiccan. I didn't want to have to bug you personally because I know how busy you are

No problem!!

That's what I'm supposed to be here for!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.