Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What you enjoy most?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What you enjoy most?
Animeclo
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What you enjoy most? 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hey! So I've been an avid reader of fanfic's for years, dabbled in some writing but now I'm making it my fulltime hobby

I was just wondering what you look for/enjoy the most in fics? Be that a certain genre, a certain dynamic between Sess + Kag, where the story is set etc.

Just to give me some inspo!

Thank you

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Silinara
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 77
I prefer canon/ post canon stories that are either with lemons or light/fluffy. I really like the kind of story that leaves you smiling. Also stories where one or both Sesshoumaru and/or Kagome meet as children.

Logged Logged
topazann
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 2 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
For me the best thing in fanfiction is the fact that I can see a character or a setting in a way I had never seen it before. I can't count the amount of times I've felt sorry, or other genuine human emotions for characters who either don't appear at all in the main stories, maybe once or twice, or are made to fulfill one task.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2021/08/01 05:36 By topazann.
Jade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 2 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
I've got a weird spectrum of fics that I want to read. Mostly Canon divergence either Kagome manages to end up WAY in the past and meets Sess, OR Sess makes it to the modern era and they find each other.

Logged Logged
gingersnaps
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 2 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
It really depends on my mood!

Overall, I gravitate towards fanfics that explore the mystery and depth of Sesshomaru's true character, and enjoy the growth that he experiences as his relationship with Kagome strengthens. I enjoy angst here or there, yet if possible, a happy ending is always a guilty pleasure of mine. Lemons and fluff are a plus!

Along with that, I am a MAJOR sucker for the heavy presence of Rin and/or Shippo in the story. They always add such a special touch to the plot and highlight the qualities we all love in the SessKag pairing.

Logged Logged
topazann
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
For me is the best things is DO NOT narrate the events of the original work before diving into your story. If someone is reading fanfic, they are more than likely very familiar with the original story already and don't need a recap. It's incredibly annoying AND you end up putting the reader in the headspace of comparing your work to the original's author, where you are likely to lose.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/02/22 09:31 By topazann.
Acb6293
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Yes I totally agree! Especially when there’s like multiple pages of the story that we already know!

Logged Logged
Shelly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
Plus if the writer, recaps the original story. It only serves, to really confining his/her own storytelling. If the new author, just follows the main premise of the original's story. It gives the writer more freedom. Which can lead to a really great story. So recapping in my opinion, pigeonholes both writer and reader.

I personally read fan fiction because I like the idea of the original story. I don’t want to read a carbon copy, with some miss guided attempt to correct the original work. In my opinion, it’s a waste of the authors talent and a great imagination.

Logged Logged
Acb6293
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What you enjoy most? 2 Years ago Karma: 0
My favorite are cannon stories especially ones where sesshomaru has always wanted kagome and even encorperates cannon story lines in the fic. or one when kagome meets sesshomaru first I really want more of those. Feudal era stories are my favorite

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.