Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Choosing the right category
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Choosing the right category
Ojou-sama
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Choosing the right category 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello everyone!

It's the very first time I would be posting on Dokuga (after hearing about it relentlessly from a few users on deviantArt who genuinely support this community).
And I sadly have a problem with which category to choose.

The fanfiction I wrote in a collection of drabbles but they aren't one-shots (they actually follow a very precise story-line) and they are beyond the usual 100 words limit.
I've always considered drabbles to be fairly short in between the 300-700 words limit and so, that is exactly what my story is headed for.

I wouldn't mind posting it in the Chapter stories but I've read of a 700 words minimum per chapter and some of mine don't always live up to that number.

Oh the dilemma is nagging at me.

Thanks for those who can bring and answer.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Choosing the right category 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 156
The drabbles I write are also in that 300-700 words range, and I've simply used the oneshot collection category. After all, strictly speaking a drabble should be able to stand alone, even if it was written in an interconnected serial. (Of course, it is arguable whether that is actually possible after the drabble series has progressed beyond a certain point.)

So I'd say just use the oneshot collection's category. It is pretty much what Wiccan advises too in this thread.

Logged Logged
Ojou-sama
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Choosing the right category 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
@Chie

Thank you very much for your help. I would try to read the proper sections to give myself more knowledge of the functionnalities of the site.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Choosing the right category 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 156
You're welcome! I really don't think it would be too big of a problem even if every drabble wasn't stand-alone like a oneshot, but you could PM Wiccan or another admin/moderator if you still feel confused or hesitant.

It always takes a while to get accustomed into a new place, so it's understandable. But in any case, welcome to Dokuga, and I hope you'll enjoy it here!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/12/18 06:40 By Chie.
Ojou-sama
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Choosing the right category 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
@Chie

I'll make sure to PM Wiccan if ever I encouter any further problems.

I agree it always takes a bit of time to get used to a new environment and so far, I am liking Dokuga very much.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.