Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Haven't written anything in a long time! Help!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Haven't written anything in a long time! Help!
Sapphyre
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Haven't written anything in a long time! Help! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I'll be honest. It's been a very long time since I wrote anything for myself. Even longer since I wrote fanfiction. I love writing, but life got in the way of doing what I love. Do you have any recommendations on how I can start writing again? Typically, when I had writer's block, I'd write everything by hand, but right now, I can't even seem to do that.

I feel like everything is very lackluster, even my school writing, and I think that writing for fun again may be good for me. =]

Any tips for me?

P.S. Everyone I've met so far has been wonderful! Thank you for being so welcoming! I'm going to get back on chat in just a little while to join back in the glomping.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Haven't written anything in a long time! Help! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
Yeah that was me too awhile ago. >.> I couldn't seem to find the right time, or energy to write for a couple months until I just started drabbling. I found it a lot easier to just take part in one of the Dokuga Contest challenges by Forthy a month ago, and wrote ten connected drabbles to the first ten prompts. Worked like magic, I got writing again, and I've been able to keep it up for over five weeks now, just doing more short drabbles to continue the ficlet, no more than say two hundred to four hundred words at a time. I find it much easier to drabble right now than to write long oneshots, or chapter ficlets. Between being busy and RL it takes less time and concentration to write shorter pieces rather than longer ones.

You could take part in some of the Dokuga Fanfiction Challenges, there are plenty to choose from in the challenges forum. Bouncing ideas off a friend or friends is a good way to get ideas too. There's the Borrowed Muse Thread too where some of the Dokugans have posted ideas for plunnies that they're willing to share for other Dokugans to write about. That's worth a look-see if you need more ideas to write about perhaps too.

Hope that helps a little

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Sapphyre
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Haven't written anything in a long time! Help! 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you so much, Pyre! I just started to force myself to write a little bit. It was hard, but it felt good to start stretching my literary legs again. I'm going to try the drabbles. That may be what I need right now, especially with my crazy college life and work schedule. I've really just been feeling like I've been missing something, and this just might be it. Creativity. And WOW. I just saw this smilie: and snorted.

Again, thank you, Pyre!

Logged Logged
Cass
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Haven't written anything in a long time! Help! 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
i started by cataloging my dreams. then, whenever something popped into my head, i wrote it down. later i would go back and try for some consistancy or continuity across my random thoughts and daydreams. eventually, ideas started coming to me

Logged Logged
Lionel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Haven't written anything in a long time! Help! 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
Get a notebook small enough to carry around with you. Write down anything you want to remember. Anything that seemed amusing, shocking, boring etc. It could be what you did today,some old man you saw on the street, the colour of a dead bee etc...write anything with no pressure.

That's the best way.

Or if you have one of those amazing phones with keyboards and a large storage space, type whatever it is you think of in there.

You'll be astounded at the amount of random words written in the notebook/phone that you can use in a story.

I record my dreams and thoughts in a blog.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/05/20 10:35 By Lionnesse.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.