Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help!
FallenTenchi
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
Here's to all the experience and none experience writer's outhere:

Before I left for my almost three hiatus from the fanfiction world, I started writting this dark fic. The thing is I'm 4000 words in (the end of what would be chapter 1 for me) I remember what the general idea for the fic was but I can't seem to get back in the swing of things.

I wouldn't really call it a writers' block since I know where it's going and I know what I want to do with it and I know how to phrase it... But... It's more... I've changed in the past 3 years. My life has changed drasticly and the way I was thinking then is not the same as now and I can't seem to find the right mood the start writting that fic again.

So it's there, taking space on my hard drive and doing nothing. I would love to post it because I must admit I think it's the best I ever written but without an end to it and not knowing when you will post an another chapter I don't see the good in doing that...

So what should I do?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ValenBluex
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Help! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I would say to post it and ask the readers what they believe you should do next. There are many bright minds out there and I believe they will lend you a hand. Maybe when you post it, you can find a beta that can help you gather your thoughts and the readers ideas. 8D

Logged Logged

Running around makes the world go round weee!! C:
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 39
If you have changed I'm guessing that, even with thinking that it is the best work you've written, your writing style has changed, too. Perhaps that's the problem and the reason your having trouble moving forward with it. I had a similar problem when I took a two year hiatus from writing fanfictions. I knew where the story was supposed to go, but I just couldn't seem to write it anymore, some vital connection that would have made it work was simply missing now. Have you tried to rewrite the original portion of the story? I'm not saying to delete it and start fresh, heck no, keep the original file and work from it, this way if you're not satisfied wih the rewrite you still have the original. However, you may find that reworking it in your current literary 'voice' makes it even better and reconnects you with the story, allowing you to get back into the flow of it.

Logged Logged
FallenTenchi
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Help! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
I would say that Freya Ishtar put her finger on the problem. It's the vital connection that I don't feel anymore. I did try to reread it, listening to music, change in whole and then in part the story but again the connection .. it's completly gone .

I could always do as ValenBluex says; post it and ask to my readers what they think should happen after ... and from there work from the ideas given.

thank you very much for the ideas... I'll ponder them and see what I shall do...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.