Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can we post chapters to a oneshot?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can we post chapters to a oneshot?
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can we post chapters to a oneshot? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
Hiya,

Um this might be a silly question, but I'm a little uncertain about what to do. I have a oneshot planned to post, which is cool, but I've hit around 11 pages of text for it just for the first half, and I've decided to split the second half into a second chapter. I'm not sure if we can post chapters to a oneshot, as the story will likely be a two-shot with the second chapter being the second half of the oneshot.

I'd post it as one big one, but I personally prefer shorter chapters myself. They make for easier proofing and reading for me. I'll be proofing the first half tonight. But I'm not sure on posting it as yet. Does anyone have any advice?

The story is intended to be a oneshot and not a chaptered fic, it's just turned out longer than I expected is all.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can we post chapters to a oneshot? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Pyreite wrote:
Hiya,

Um this might be a silly question, but I'm a little uncertain about what to do. I have a oneshot planned to post, which is cool, but I've hit around 11 pages of text for it just for the first half, and I've decided to split the second half into a second chapter. I'm not sure if we can post chapters to a oneshot, as the story will likely be a two-shot with the second chapter being the second half of the oneshot.

I'd post it as one big one, but I personally prefer shorter chapters myself. They make for easier proofing and reading for me. I'll be proofing the first half tonight. But I'm not sure on posting it as yet. Does anyone have any advice?

The story is intended to be a oneshot and not a chaptered fic, it's just turned out longer than I expected is all.

~ Pyre

As I've noted in the following tutorial, oneshots CAN have two chapters, but more would be frowned upon:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/51604-dokuga-authors-tutorial-categories

When you get into posting more than two chapters, it should more properly be categorized as a Oneshot Collection.

Hope this helps!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Can we post chapters to a oneshot? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
It does help hugely! Phew! Thanks Wiccan! O.O! I'll hold off on posting until I've finished the second half of the oneshot, so that I know for certain 100% that it'll just be in two chapters and not more XD.

I'll try and post it when I'm done as a big oneshot if I can too to keep within the one-shot rules, even though it'll be super-duper longish. Yikes! XD It's gonna take me ages to proof! LOL!

Thanks again Wiccan, that link was really helpful.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can we post chapters to a oneshot? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
You are most welcome, m'dear... and anytime you have any other questions of this sort, please don't hesitate to PM one of the Admins, if you wish. We'd be more than happy to help!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.