Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I sold three more stories!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I sold three more stories!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 91
oh, I FREAKED, trust me! Though I think Rowdy was right along with me there

Usually, the process time is between 6-9 months for a novel. I'm not sure which version of the sexy shorts it'll come out in but that will be well after the first of the year some time (considering the timeframe of this submission and when it was accepted probably in the latter part of the year). A lot of it's going to be determined by how long it takes to get things done with the editor (and, trust me, that's worse than any beta you've ever been though) as you usually have to have it done 2-3 times to fix everything after they find one for you then get the cover art done before the errata copy comes out then you have to go over it for any errors and such before it's sent off for the final part. So it takes time. It'll be a while though, it's a much longer process then we have to go through here to post.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Calypso
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
That's great! Congrats!

Logged Logged

Join the Around the World Challenge! You can find it in the forums ^^

I claimed the Sesshoumaru STRUT in the claim game!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Thanks!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
Danyealle-sama wrote:
oh, I FREAKED, trust me! Though I think Rowdy was right along with me there

Usually, the process time is between 6-9 months for a novel. I'm not sure which version of the sexy shorts it'll come out in but that will be well after the first of the year some time (considering the timeframe of this submission and when it was accepted probably in the latter part of the year). A lot of it's going to be determined by how long it takes to get things done with the editor (and, trust me, that's worse than any beta you've ever been though) as you usually have to have it done 2-3 times to fix everything after they find one for you then get the cover art done before the errata copy comes out then you have to go over it for any errors and such before it's sent off for the final part. So it takes time. It'll be a while though, it's a much longer process then we have to go through here to post.

GACK! @_@

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Didn't know there was so much to it, did you? For the editing I forgot to mention they give the suggestions of what to correct and YOU have to fix the errors then send them back. So, it's a time consuming process to work with.

Logged Logged

Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
I so happy for you!!! And I can't wait to see your name on the bookshelves!!!

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Thanks!

Logged Logged

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
Danyealle-sama wrote:
Didn't know there was so much to it, did you? For the editing I forgot to mention they give the suggestions of what to correct and YOU have to fix the errors then send them back. So, it's a time consuming process to work with.

I see...

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Rinku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Congrats! I hope to one day be sitting in a position like yours *sigh* It would be awesome to be able to make money off of my imagination

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 91
thanks!

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
I got the release dates today, quicker timeframe than i thought!

Eyes Shut: Release Date Feb '12

Shifter Tales: Hey There Little Red Riding Hood & It Was A Dark and Stormy Night: Release Date March '12

Working on edits for Eyes Shut this week!

Logged Logged

Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Wow that's amazing! (I cant see the first page for some reason, so if I'm repeating a question, sorry) but how did it happen? Did you just send your stories into a publisher and they loved it? I'd LOVE to be in your shoes, but I have no idea how the process works!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
They had a call for submissions and I submitted, that's how I did it initially with Fate. This time around, I got an email from them asking what I had been working on so I went to their submissions page to see what I had that would fit categories they were looking for. Then submitted and waited. All there is to it. You just have to make sure you format the way they want, ensure it's spell and grammar checked and other such things. Most of all, follow the rules for submission.

Logged Logged

Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Where do you check the submission calls? Is it a website?

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
in this case it was for Whiskey Creek Press but if you type call for submissions into google you come up with a BUTTLOAD of them!

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91

Logged Logged

Sandreline Moon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I sold three more stories! 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Way to go! That's wonderful!

~Sandreline

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.