Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
back from a long break
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: back from a long break
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 27
So this is kinda a combo self promotion and request.

I took two years off of writing. Partially because of writers block, mostly because of life issue. Than a little while ago I had a huge life altering experience. I survived cancer. And it made we realize I need to spend more time on the things that make me happy. And writing was one of those things. So I'm back. The problem is... I have a lot of old works and I don't know for sure where to start.

So this is the favor I am asking everyone. Please read my collection of stories and pick the top three that you would like to see me update first. That will help me figure out what people want the most and I will dive into that.

Also I have a few plot bunnies that are not even posted yet. But those can wait till I am really rolling again.

Please help me out. I would really appreciate it.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!

And thank heavens you were able to kick some cancer-butt!!!! So sorry you had to go through that! HUGS!!

I don't really have any faves I'd like to see you update first, since I like all of your work. I just wanted to go on the record as welcoming you 'back to the fold' and offering my congratulations on your successful fight.

MOAR HUGS!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 154
Congrats on your victory!

I've read through a few of the incomplete stories, and my top three picks for updates would be Precious Lies, Because That's How I Roll, and Waiting for Dawn. The starting premise for Precious Lies intrigues me. The situation in Waiting for Dawn has captured my curiosity. And Because That's How I Roll just makes me laugh... with a tiny bit of nostalgia tossed in

Logged Logged
Lone saiyan woman
Pup
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Welcome back! I'm pleased that you have risen above the horror that cancer is. Continue saying no to that selfish, evil disease. I have had you as a favourite author as I adore how you write so any story will be a joy to read, however I have some stories I would like you to update :B

Sexsomnia because the premise is hilarious and original.
That's how I roll, again hilarious and I love a dorky, antisocial Sesshoumaru

Possibly makeshift lie? I thought it was a one-shot but since you have some plunnies for those I would love to read.

Logged Logged

Lovely Raven
Pup
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
I'm so happy for you! You're made of some strong stuff girl. As for stories I loved that's how I roll.
And I know it was a one-shot but I would love more of Destination, the most heart touching thing
I've read in a long time.

Logged Logged
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 27
Thanks guys. Wow I was surprised that Precious Lies got a vote. Thanks Nicole, I'm really encouraged to take it back up, it was one of my abandoned concepts.

That's How I Roll is my personal favorite so I'm happy to put that to the top of my updates list.

And I always wanted to do a sequel to Destination so I will see if I can come up with something.

Thanks so much for your advice.
I do have a few unposted chapters of Waiting For Dawn and Crashing Kagome that I wrote before I disappeared so those will drift out as I work on the new stuff.

Still open to more advice and opinions. Thanks all for the warm welcome back. still thinking about adding the nifty surgical scar to my dokugasan.

Logged Logged

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 109
If possible I was going to ask for more on "Crashing Kagome." I also second (or third) "That's How we Roll" and I second Nicole's suggestion on "Precious Lies."

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
Welcome back, and I am more than glad to hear you pulled through this horrible time. I hope things will keep looking up for you.
I have to say, I am torn. I adooooore Sexsomnia. But I also enjoy because that's how I roll. I still have to say Sexsomnia, but that's cause there's a million things wrong with my silly brain.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/09/16 23:29 By xMaddiex.

Tessitura
Pup
graphgraph
Re:back from a long break 9 Years ago Karma: 4
Welcome back, and kudos to becoming a survivor of such an difficult time. *throws party favors* I read "this is how I roll" and giggled shamelessly!! Please continue, your humor is such a riot.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.