Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
July Summer Madness Tournament
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: July Summer Madness Tournament
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 19
Yeah....it's time to do this again! Please send entry forms to me via PM by June 30th

The dreaming, steaming days of summer are almost upon us – and that means it's time for dreamy, steamy fiction. This summer, a contest like no other begins June 1st, for participants 18 years and older who would like a chance at a slice of prize book, a few karma points,as well as gift fics, or just the chance to write, read, vote on, and appreciate some delicious and decadent words

Entry Rules:

1. Please be aware that the number one and most important rule is that this is a tournament for MA rated fiction; therefore please, to reiterate, no one under the age of eighteen may participate.
2. This is a Summer Smut Madness Tournament, so we want – you've guessed it – Smut! The tales we desire are tales of desire; to qualify, all fiction submitted must have at least an M rating, but MA is preferred (for the full value of full smut, of course!). Please Note: Because M rated entries are allowed does not change rule one. You must still be of age to read and write MA fiction, even if you choose not to write it yourself.
3. The word count range for tournament entries is between 1500 and 7,000 words.
4. Fiction for tournament entries must be new, stand-alone fiction, not a part of an existing chapter or drabble story. One-shots, completed drabble collections, and short chapter fictions are all allowed as long as they fit all other guidelines. Please Note:A collection of non-connected "smut-shots" will not be allowed
5. In order to fit with Dokuga's overall theme and working principles, all fiction must contain Sesshomaru and Kagome as main characters; however, this does not mean that Sesshomaru and Kagome must be the ones involved in the smut and/or romance. Consider the possibilities carefully: close friends who advise each other about their sex lives, parents who must deal with their child's actions, part-owners of a brothel that services an exclusive clietele.
6. Optional Themes will be offered each round. Each author that uses the theme for that round will be awarded one karma point per theme used. Each theme will only be available for a karma point award during the round it is presented. Please Note: These will be optional themes. The Karma award is a special bonus for authors who choose to use the theme(s), but they are not required, nor should the use (or non-use) of the theme be considered when voting.
7. You must submit the entry form below to be included in the tournament.
8. Above all, we want you guys to have fun and enjoy yourselves!

Tournament Dates and Deadlines

1. All interested participants need to email their Entry form to me, Kayelyn,here by June 30th at 11:59 p.m.
2. The theme for Round One will be revealed on July 1. Please refer to Tournament Entry Rule 6 regarding the themes.
3. All Round One entries must be submitted on July 8th. In case of electric, internet, server, or Dokuga disaster, late entries will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Please Note: Please place "Round One Entry for July Summer Smut Madness" in your summary. as well as posting a link to THIS forum page.
4. Round One winners will be announced July 15th, as well as the theme for Round Two.
5. Dates for Round 3 will be announced when Round Two begins.

Prizes

1. Everyone will receive a Participation Banner, as well as banners for each Round.
2. Those that decide to use the Optional Theme will be awarded Karma by Kayelyn.
3. Grand Prize Winner will receive: A Copy of the Japanese Art of Love (or another book of their choosing) as well as gift fics from Kayelyn. Please Note: Gift fics must be IY fandom, Sess/Kag pairing not required...rating M or MA only because we won't be able to write it elsewise (XD); if you want smut tell us so we definitely include it. Gift fic will either be a oneshot or a drabble of 10 chapters or less, the whole fic to be approximately 10K.

Entry Form

Please Private Message me, via the dokuga provided messaging system. Just Copy and paste the below to your Entry Email.

Dokuga ID ___________________________
Date of Birth __________________________
OR
Link to MA rated fiction on Dokuga ______________________
Valid E-mail Address _________________________________

**I hope you all decide to join in on the fun. Hopefully, if this is well enough received, we can make this a yearly tournament.**

Best of Luck!
Kayelyn

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/06/22 13:22 By Kayelyn.

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 20
oh...you wonderful minx you! I am IN!

Logged Logged

Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
Thanks for messaging me, Kayelyn! I'm totally in this time!

(And I remembered to subscribe to the topic so I don't forget!)

Do you need another entry form from me as well? Sort of a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway in case anyone else was wondering the same thing.

~Aubrey

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 19
Hey! Thanks for joining ladies! Aubrey, no I still have your entry form from last month so you are good to go!

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
oh good so i wont have to send you one either? And is this just going to be in the old thread or a new one?

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Mistress of Rave wrote:
oh good so i wont have to send you one either? And is this just going to be in the old thread or a new one?

Nope, you're good, and anything having to do with the July tourney will be here.

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
I sent you the PM!

I've never written something like this before... But let me give it a go!

Logged Logged

The most beautiful souls are those which can be bared with love.
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
~krazy4fluffy~ wrote:
I sent you the PM!

I've never written something like this before... But let me give it a go!

Got it! I'm sure you can rock it!

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
Thanks!

I'll try to do my best. ^^

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
WEEK ONE

Sorry I'm late on this, my darlings, but it was a very busy weekend.

The optional theme this week is.....

Phantom of the Opera

1. “Know that it is a corpse who loves you and adores you and will never, never leave you!...Look, I am not laughing now, crying, crying for you, Christine, who have torn off my mask and who therefore can never leave me again!...Oh, mad Christine, who wanted to see me!”

2. “You are crying! You are afraid of me! And yet I am not really wicked. Love me and you shall see! All I wanted was to be loved for myself.”

3. “When a woman has seen me, as you have, she belongs to me. She loves me forever.”

4.“If I am the phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I am to be saved it is because your love redeems me.”

Happy writing to you all! ALL ENTRIES DUE JULY 10 @ 11:59 P.M

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/03 14:28 By Kayelyn.

Eppu Nuotio
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
OH! I am sosososososososo happy! I love phantom of the opera. Mwhaha this shall be fun!

Logged Logged

~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
Hey ya!

Do I post the new story directly and update as I go or do I post everything together? (Before the due date)

Awesome theme *-*

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Hey! Your fix must be completed at the time of posting. Please do not update as you go. Also, don't forget to post a link here when you post.

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
I don't really know if this is what the challenge is really all about... But it's what I came up with. I hope it's to your liking.

Of course, rated MA.

Behind The Mask

Quick Edit: I have no beta and I tried my best to write draft after draft and correct my own mistakes. But I'm only human. So, if anyone sees anything that's not quite right, inform me, and I'll be more than glad to fix it. Thanks.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/09 14:45 By Krazy4Fluffy.

*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 20
Sadface, summer quarter has been terrible, i guess i missed the deadline for round one Am i still able to participate in round 2?

Logged Logged

Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
I think first round entries are due today...At least I hope they are, or else I've missed the deadline as well

When Kayelyn posted the theme, she said that entries were due on the 10th by 11:59, so unless she mistyped or unless it's already the 11th where you are, then there's still a little more time to post.

Kayelyn will have to confirm this, though, so I'm just going to go by what she said in her last post about entries being due today, the 10th, and hope I'm not going to be told I'm too late. (Apparently deadlines just aren't my friend *shrug*)

~Aubrey

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 19
The deadline us tonight by 11:59 p.m EST; however, I can extend it until tomorrow if need be.

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
At first, I thought I was going to get done, but an extension would be lovely, Kayelyn, if you wouldn't mind. I hate rushing through things, especially when those things are smut lol.

I can definitely be done by tomorrow, though, if you'd be so kind as to give us a bit more time.

~Aubrey

Logged Logged

~Aubrey Simone~
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Sure thing! New deadline is now July 11th by 11:59 p.m. EST

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/10 22:18 By Kayelyn.

Eppu Nuotio
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Good grief, talk about cutting it close! *whew*

Anyway, here's my entry (hopefully on time, considering I'm horrible with time zones): Vanilla Spice. Rated MA, of course, so no YIM's, and I hope everyone enjoys!

~Aubrey

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/12 00:56 By Aubrey Simone.

~Aubrey Simone~
*~*Missy*~*
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:July Summer Madness Tournament 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 20
I'm in the middle of exams and wrapping up my semester at the moment. I probably have to wait unfortunately i should be done beginning of August though so i should be able to at the very least start posting again, thanks anyway Katelynn

Logged Logged

~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
No more prompts? Where's round 2? Is everyone okay?

Good luck, Mistress of Rave!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/16 12:49 By Krazy4Fluffy.

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Hey there! Since there were only two competitors that were able to get in by deadline, it will be a head to head contest. If you want more prompts I can always provide them.

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
~krazy4fluffy~
Pup
graphgraph
I was inspired by the tournament to write some more smut. It's rather... different from the normal, but I think it will do.

Does it count as another entry if I post it here? Or do I have to wait for you to tell us when round 2 begins?

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Round two and its optional theme will be released on Monday, July 22. So please wait ton post if you want to use your fic for the next round.

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.