Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Passionate
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Passionate
Lady Midnight
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Passionate 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
I want to do an alternate universe challenge where Kagome is the new girl and every boy wants her. But Sesshomaru wins her heart.

Here's the plot:

Kagome is a new girl in Sesshomarus school, and every one wants her.

She's not concieted.

Sesshomaru is is a band and win's her heart by singing to her in front of the whole school (With his band of course)

An enemy wants her to himself.

it's in high school.

Kagome dies and Sesshomaru must go through drastic measures to get her back.

That's it, the rest is up to you, BUT there MUST be music, alot of it.

Please enter, nobody even REPLIED to my mystery challenge

There WILL be a banner.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Passionate 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Maybe people are a little put off by the fact that Kagome dies

It seems fun, but then all of a sudden...she dies...

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Passionate 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
I would have to agree. A lot of writers aren't comfortable portraying character death if it is of a main or loved character- even if they are going to bring her back in some way. I also think not a lot of people are going to embrace the 'everyone wants her, but she's not conceited' thing 'cause to a lot of fanfic authors it borders on turning Kags into a Mary Sue :/.

And are you positive no one took you up on your mystery challenge? I could swear that a while back I saw a fic that had "For Lady Midnight's Mystery Challenge" in the summary. I'm sorry to say that I don't remember the author's name .

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/02 09:02 By Freya Ishtar.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Passionate 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -666
I think the issue with your challenges is that you don't quite understand how to issue the prompts. Prompts are supposed to be simple where you just throw a concept out there. Sometimes just a word. From that, anyone who comes across it is intrigued. They're inspired to write a short story based on your prompt.

With your current challenge, you have an abundance of constraints that you're placing on anyone who decides to participate, and many of them are unfortunately cliche. I'm not trying to be critical of you in anyway about that. Some people do like to write cliches. But this challenge reads more like a plot bunny than like a prompt. You're forcing the author to write something where you have every plot point dictated. There's no room for them to use their own creativity. I think if you're interested in reading this type of story, you should either write it yourself or ask in the "Searching for a Fic" section and see what recommendations pop up.

As for your Mystery Challenge, I just looked at it. I think there you were too vague and again you were placing restraints on the authors, requiring them to include certain characters.

If you do another challenge, try to think of a concept that no one has done before and word it in one sentence or less. For this challenge, try something like this "Kagome wants to be class president, but there's one student that stands in her way, Sesshoumaru." Here you create the school setting, but give the author plenty of room to decide what happens and how. They can bring the characters together how they please and can make it as comedic or as dark as they like.

I hope this helps you and good luck.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.