Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What Men Want
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: What Men Want
Esus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What Men Want 14 Years ago Karma: 2
This challenge is based on the movie What Women Want. For those of you who aren't familiar with the movie: the male protagonist, played by Mel Gibson, is given the ability to hear the thoughts of women close to him. Gibson exploits this gift to help his professional career and personal relations.

My challenge is to give Kagome the same ability, except she, due to her altruistic and noble nature, doesn't selfishly exploit the gift. You can, if you want, have her use this ability to guide Sango/Miroku and Inuyasha/Kikyo together. However, the main story line would focus on her relationship with Sesshomaru (who has, for whatever reason you as the author can come up with, joined the Inuyasha pack). His introspective and private thoughts would be much more expressive than his apathetic outward demeanor. Feel free to play with this if you want and have his thoughts be humorous and joking at times. Sesshomaru's thoughts, to Kagome's surprise, show just how much he respects and has come to care for the time traveling teenage girl. His thoughts and internal motives for his actions cause her to reconsider her view of him, eventually leading to a romantic relationship.

As a personal request that isn't really part of the challenge, I would like it if at some point Sesshomaru gained/regrew his missing left arm.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Indie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What Men Want 14 Years ago Karma: 1
Is there a time limit, or word limit on this? A/U and Canon? I would love to give this a try, just need a little more info.

Logged Logged
Esus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What Men Want 14 Years ago Karma: 2
It really isn't technically a true challenge in that aspect, it's more a plot bunny that I haven't found an story about and would like to see someone run with. I don't know enough about the Inuyasha world to write a story, but I read enough Sesshoumaru fanfiction that I wanted to see someone do a story like this. I imagine it would have to be a multi-chapter story in order to properly develop the relationship, but if you are confident you could do it as a longer one-shot then go for it.

So, no other restrictions or limitations for it. Just whatever you (or anyone else who wanted to try it) are comfortable with.

Logged Logged
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What Men Want 14 Years ago Karma: 3
Just a note: You could still write it even if you don't know much about the Inuyasha world. That's what AU is for (a modern setting would likely fit fine with the idea) I think you should give it a try yourself as well, I mean it can't do any harm. For a challenge you'd probably get more variety if you were less specific (as in not restricting Kagome to not taking advantage of her gift, she might do so and feel guilty about it etc. You could even make it really broad by just saying that the challenge is Kagome can hear the thoughts of men near her. Sess/Kag of course, and leave the rest up to whoever participates to decide ).

Just my thoughts on it. I'd love to read it if you decide to try it yourself ^^

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.