Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 14
TOPIC: Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye
TamashaToko
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
Kogasangel wrote:
I'm going to do Christmas Carol. Sesshomaru is going to be scrooge (though much cuter), and Kagome will be all three ghosts, just in different costumes. Geez, now I'm excited.

Omg I tried to do that project a few years ago. It was gonna be a oneshot cept Kagome worked for Sesshoumaru, and she was actaully his ex-girlfriend who he'd been treating badly especially around Christmas time because everything that has ever gone wrong for him, like Kagome divorcing him, happened around Christmas. Why does Kagome work for Sesshoumaru? Don't ask me thats why I didn't write it.

;_; don't know why I just posted, I just had to get that out there.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
TamashaToko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
I hate to double post, but my Sense and Sensibility remake is up. It's called Sense Plus Sensibility and takes place in the modern age.

Logged Logged
Waterunleashed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4
This challenge has my mind brewing, I think I'm going to start a Journey to the Center of the Earth story. But I'm not sure which way to do it yet, it you be the story with Inuyasha's characters. But I think it would be interesting for the Inutachi group to travel there in search of Naraku... and it ends up like the new movie where Kagome gets deja vu and realizes that she has read about a place like this once. Would that be okay for this challenge?

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 696975
For legal reasons, you need to stick to the original story as that's what the copyright expired on. once you bring the movie into play, we play with copyright and as i think it's made by disney, they'll be all over it. Disney doesn't play nice with copyright.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I've been wanting to get back into fanfic writing and I think this may be just the inspiration I need ! I'll need to go over some of the books again first, but that should be no issue since there's no deadline. Might do some fanart too .

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
I have a goood question! What if we wanted to do a sort of... After math for one of these classic stories, mixing flashback and the like of these stories to bring out understanding and perfection to the moment, and keep the most important philosophical thoughts and ideas that were the flow of the basis for said story? I know that was a mouthful, and most likely a run-on sentence. Still, do you think it would be acceptable for this? If not, I'll still write what I have in mind.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 696975
sure, go for it.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Inumaru_Rapture
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I have yet to take part in any challenge on Dokuga. I was more active on the singlespark website... I figured it would be fun to do one of your lovely challenges. I was unsure of which one to do, so I consulted the gutenberg site and found one of my favorite authors: H.G. Wells. I think one of his works (thought I haven't decided) would be intensely interesting to rewrite as a Sess/Kag fanfiction. I think I am leaning more towards The Time Machine... Yes. That's it. I'm going to rewrite The Time Machine.

Wonderful idea, P. Skye. Thanks!

Vix

Logged Logged

-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-

IR
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
Inumaru_Rapture wrote:
I have yet to take part in any challenge on Dokuga. I was more active on the singlespark website... I figured it would be fun to do one of your lovely challenges. I was unsure of which one to do, so I consulted the gutenberg site and found one of my favorite authors: H.G. Wells. I think one of his works (thought I haven't decided) would be intensely interesting to rewrite as a Sess/Kag fanfiction. I think I am leaning more towards The Time Machine... Yes. That's it. I'm going to rewrite The Time Machine.

Wonderful idea, P. Skye. Thanks!

Vix

The irony. >.< Well, I guess I can leave that storyline I have as original characters, like it was. Now to try and think of a new one to do. Hmmm....

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Kitty1217
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Can I still participate to this day?

Logged Logged
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 27
Yay! At long last I can finally post this.

Tales Long Forgotten
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2828/1

It's going to be a collection of works from Brothers Grimm.

Logged Logged

redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
It might sound a bit cliche to do a Pride and Prejudice based work but don't you think that Sesshoumaru would makea great Darcy? Just think of the first proposal scene!

------------

Kagome looked on in confusion as the demon lord paced the room. He came towards her, his agitation clear on his usually impassive features.

"In vain I have struggle" he spat. "It will not do! My feelings, despite my disgust at the shame of my father, will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you!" The last was wrenched from him.

Kagome's astonishment was beyond expression. He took her silence as acquiescence and continued to speak of his sense of her inferiority, of the degradation he felt at her association with his despised half-brother, not to mention a lecherous monk and a demon slayer.

With growing ire gradually replacing her initial amazement, Kagome halted him.

"Although I'm sure many in this situation would feel an obligation to express gratitude, Sesshoumaru," she said with pronounced sarcasm, "you could not have made the offer of your hand in any possible way which would have tempted to to accept it!"

---------------------

Can't you just see Sesshoumaru being so arrogant as to carry on an on about how he despises humans etc? It would be perfect! I just don't feel like I've got the writing skills to do this now. Perhaps in the future when I have more experience? Otherwise, I'd be really happy if someone else took this on

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/11 05:25 By redoxide. Reason: spelling error
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 33
Here is mine! It is a short one-shot based on a poem by Edgar Allen Poe.

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2041/16

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Pendragon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Ummm....I really really really want to do this and I have an idea of what I want to do. No one I've ever mentioned it to knew what it was but it was my favorite fairy tale when I was a child. It's called The Six Swans and was a work of the Grimm Brothers. I think it would work very well with the characters from Inuyasha and will leave me plenty of room to be creative. *grins sarcastically* I'm going to have a lot of fun....

Logged Logged
Mujitsu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I finally finished my piece for this challenge. Waaaaaaaaay late, but I'm sure that's okay. I've actually never participated in a challenge before, so I hope everyone likes it if they read it. I've done a Sess/Kag set to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven." I titled it "Karasu". Enjoy, everyone!

Logged Logged

A flower doesn\\\'t know it\\\'s beautiful in its whole life...sad, isn\\\'t it? --Miyavi, \\\"Girls Be Ambitious\\\"
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
Well, this is interesting. I shall have to consider something for the future perhaps. Maybe a Phantom of the Opera thing. Albeit in a very strange manner...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/05 19:54 By Aura.
Tataru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 14 Years ago Karma: 5
Perhaps I will finish Persuasion, the remake i've been taking endless notes and writing on for many moons now, years even before I read this challenge. I created this manip while I was initially writing. I've been itching lately to write and jumped on tonight to look for some inspiration. I think I've found it. [img/] www.dokuga.com/gallery?func=detail&id=328

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/24 20:34 By Tataru.

I claimed Sesshoumaru\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Haughty Humph in the Claim Game
Nalia
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Trying this out. Getting my toes wet as it were.

Phantom of the Opera retelling. Modern setting AU.

Only one chapter up: Phantoms of Inuyasha (I fail at titles)

Logged Logged
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
@ Redoxide : I co-chair a Jane Austen book club and when I first took on this challenge, I was planning on doing Pride & Prejudice or even As You Like It. I think Sess is the perfect Darcy. I started doing the outline for Pride and fitted all the characters, if you want to try, I'll be happy to assist.

I did end up doing mine based on an Aesop tale, it's done...can't believe I never posted the link A little goes a long way

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/16 01:18 By Angelicatt.

soulNchantress
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
I based mine off of "The Raven" by Poe.

It's called, "SIT!"

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3846/1

Logged Logged

jgem
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
I'm giving this one a go.

Based on Jane Austin's "Emma". To satisfy the challenge, I put Sesshoumaru into Emma's role and Kagome into Mr. Knightley's role. I also set it as close to canon as possible and boy! Has that made it a bit difficult.

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3965/1

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/06/21 12:22 By jgem. Reason: Link didn't get added
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Here's my entry. Its loosely based off of 'The frog prince' fairy tale with a few added twists.

dokuga.com/fanfiction.net/story/4067/1

Logged Logged

Dragoness
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Here is my story for the challenge: Reinventing the Classics with Priestess Skye. I chose to do one from Aesop's Fables titled The Lion, the Fox, and the Ass. This is my second story ever I hope it is o.k. If it is exceptable I will try another story. I am glad you left this open with no due date the possibilities are endless. This opens up a whole new avenue for me.

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/4073/1

Please let me know what you think and also how can I get a banner.

Logged Logged

LeiTung
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Uhuhu this is going to be fun >:3 I'm definitely going to make an adaptation of Dracula. It's going to be tough casting Lucy.

Logged Logged

\"I despise a world which does not feel that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.\"

-- Ludwig von Beethoven
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
Hmm, in having been pondering this again lately I can't really think of a good way to do a PoTo retelling. But I have some other ideas that I'll have to try to actually get done. Maybe I can fit two challenges in one and do the victorian age one at the same time...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.