Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Bi-weekly Quote Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Bi-weekly Quote Challenge
SunflowerDreams21
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Bi-weekly Quote Challenge 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 4
So it's been a while since I've been on this site or writing anything actually. I've decided to come back to the one thing I have loved most in my 36 years of life. By doing this I wanted to start a Quote Challenge thread hoping to inspire anyone else who needs a prompt to kick start motivations for their stories. I'm not going to be picky, the story can be a drabble, a one shot, a chapter in your already established story. I would however like to read what you write so if you do take up this challenge, please link your story here so we can all enjoy it.

So let us kick start this challenge with the first quote:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt.

Have fun everyone and I hope you all get some motivation to write.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/10 22:25 By SunflowerDreams21.

In this moment you are exactly who you need to be, and anyone who disagrees cannot see the light you hold inside.-SunflowerDreams
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chiaztolite
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Bi-weekly Quote Challenge 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 6
Hello! I'm interested, but I'm new to this.
Is the requirement to write something inspired by the quote, or to include the quote in the body of the work?
Thank you!

Logged Logged
SunflowerDreams21
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bi-weekly Quote Challenge 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 4
Let's go with either way. You can include the quote if it suits your story, you don't need to write who the quote is from. Or you can write something inspired by the quote itself, whichever way suits your story or your writing style.

Logged Logged

In this moment you are exactly who you need to be, and anyone who disagrees cannot see the light you hold inside.-SunflowerDreams
SunflowerDreams21
Pup
graphgraph
Chapter Written for Quote Challenge

I wrote a chapter for my Story Irresolute based on this Quote. I hope ya'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it and finally getting the inspiration to continue this story considering the last time I had updated it was in 2012.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This ONESHOT COLLECTION story is rated M, NO YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/19 22:00 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Inserted rating - required by RULES!

SunflowerDreams21
Pup
graphgraph
New quote is:

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." -Dolly Parton

Logged Logged

Chiaztolite
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Bi-weekly Quote Challenge 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 6
Hello!

I'm finally done with the chapter that contains the first quote. I'm so sorry it took so long. I got distracted by other projects.

Here's the link:
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/11773/17
Rated MA, so no YIMs please.

It is the latest chapter of an ongoing story. This chapter is quite long too, so I totally understand if you do not have the opportunity to read it. The quote is just a little scroll above the end.

Thanks for setting up the challenge!

Chiaztolite

Logged Logged
SunflowerDreams21
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bi-weekly Quote Challenge 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
Sorry guys, it's been a hectic week. My grandmother passed away Wednesday and we laid her down to rest on Friday, I wasn't that close to my grandmother, so I'll be okay, grandma didn't really like me anyway. However,on Sunday my youngest daughter caught the flu and by Thursday my symptoms had started to show, so I've been dealing with not feeling at all well.

This quote is a day late,so my apologies:

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. -William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Logged Logged

SunflowerDreams21
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Bi-weekly Quote Challenge 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
I liked this chapter Chiaztolite, I will have to go back and read the whole story from the beginning but it was a wonderfully well-written Chapter.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.