Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fic idea I want someone to write into a story
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fic idea I want someone to write into a story
Kyo
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fic idea I want someone to write into a story 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
I actually had a realization today concerning Kagome's soul but since I don't write fics yet. I hope someone takes on the challenge of writing it for me.

Basically, it's the idea revolving Kagome, Kikyo and Midoriko concerning their souls. It's canonically established that Kagome's soul is stronger than Kikyo and basically implied to at least approach Midoriko in power or perhaps surpassing it.

What I have in mind is this:

Kagome is the combination of both Kikyo and Midoriko while still retain herself. She was born with the jewel inside her and looked like both Midoriko and Kikyo. Midoriko before she died is implied to possess an extremely massive soul, hence her being the strongest miko alive in her time. When she died, a portion of her remained and the jewel took the rest. Kikyo's soul is not as massive but as the appointed guardian of the shikon, she formed a connection to it that allowed her to connect with the jewel and reincarnate at the same time. Kikyo's soul compensated the lack in the fractured soul of Midoriko that was later on reincarnated in Kagome. Kagome, while possessing both Kikyo and Midoriko's soul also possessed her own at the same time.

In Kikyo's side, when she died, her soul was split. A tiny portion will be used by the jewel as a compensation to reincarnate the soul of Midoriko that was not fully merged with the jewel. The rest remained to reincarnate to the next person and reincarnated early before Kagome came into the feudal era, perhaps, ten years before the start of the series. This means that there will be a new Kikyo in this fic, an OC if you will and that OC will play a role throughout the story not as a rival but a support. She may also be Inuyasha's love interest for the ending. The jewel only selected a portion because her soul is not as pure as that of Midoriko's which added to the taint of the jewel. In order to create balance in purity, an entirely different and completely new soul is needed. This soul took the most part in the creation of the next reincarnation with the essence of both Kikyo and Midoriko.

In Midoriko, as stated above, the jewel took majority of her soul and a portion remained. That portion was not reincarnated by the will of the kami to stick true to canon and will still be used by Kikyo. The jewel did not have a strong hold to, let's say, a tiny portion of the majority of Midoriko's soul inside it. It is tinier compared to the tiny portion the jewel obtained from Kikyo. Hence, it's easier to taint when someone of evil intentions took possession of the jewel and why the jewel in sentient form is more sinister than pure because Midoriko's soul was further reduced in order to suit the jewel's purpose.

The new soul (Kagome's) would be massive enough on it's own and designed by the kamis to contain and maintain the purity of the shikon jewel. It's so massive that it's only a tier below the jewel in strength. It would even be enough on its own but the fates designed that the jewel will cease to exist and certain events need to come to pass: Kikyo needs to be resurrected and will play the same role as she did in canon. Midoriko's essence was needed to establish a deeper connection to the jewel than the portion of Kikyo's soul can offer.

The story will be am alternate version of the canon with the addition of a Kikyo reincarnated OC or any OCs in the story. It will be SessKag and Sesshoumaru will be portrayed to be the direct antithesis of Kagome's soul meaning his soul is as dark as Kagome's is light sentiment.

The rest is up to the writer's idea. I hope someone will create an awesome fic with this. I hope I made sense here. I had the tendency to rabble incoherent thoughts more than enough times than I could count. There are some stipulations I'd like to add though:

1. Kagome must have her own moments of vulnerability and makes mistakes.
Fics tend to portray Kagome too perfectly and tend to fuel bashers in their sentiment of a generic Mary Sue. We need to avoid that. This includes having her wrong in an argument at times, as we humans are wont to do.

2. There must be no bashing of other characters coughKikyo/Inuyashacough.

3. The spotlight should not focus only on Kagome but to others too. Give them their own moments of awesomeness. Fics these days tend to focus only on the main character and that's bad writing.

4. The rival must not be a generic villain. He or she needs to be a complex character to pull this off. Naraku is too obvious. Surprise me with your own brand of villain.

5. It may contain dark elements but does not involve Kagome being raped.

6. Kikyo must be tainted. RT gave her characterization too many inconsistencies according to the standards of her own plot and that made Kikyo even more of a canonical Mary Sue than Kagome ever be in fics. Please fix that bad part of Kikyo's character.

7. If you portray a tainted Kagome, like when she caused Kikyo's long bow to dissolve, do it in such a way without compromising her purity. It really is a sore spot to me that Kikyo, the embodiment of all impure, maintained the use of that bow but when Kagome held it with only a sliver of taint in the form of jealousy, it was destroyed. I hope you'll change that.

I will give karma to that user. Other than that, it's free idea.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/07 07:26 By kyouya134.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fic idea I want someone to write into a story 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
What you have here is something very complex and won't be a simple project to pull off. I wanted to compliment you on your post and how much thought you've put into this and to tell you that, most likely, this story will turn out best if you write it yourself.

There was a post here recently about someone wanting to commission a story as well. In the end of the conversation, they decided that those who gave them the advice I'm giving you now (myself included) were right. You know your ideas best, and if someone writes a story based on that and doesn't fulfill all of those expectations, you will not only lose the idea, but you may also be disappointed.

This idea did intrigue me, and I think I could come up with a story to fill it. However, Limerance is taking up all of my time and focus at the moment, so I won't be able to do this until much later. By then, someone else will probably have taken you up on the offer

I also wanted to comment on #3 of your list. Focusing just on the main character isn't necessarily bad writing. It can very well be a stylistic choice and has been done in many a bestselling book or even series. I will agree that the other side characters must be more than one dimensional. Heroes always need support, and that support must also be interesting if the story line is to be believable.

Thank you for generously posting this idea. I wish you the best of luck with this and I think that a very interesting story could come of it

Logged Logged

Seldax
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fic idea I want someone to write into a story 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
I agree with Kyndred, and I'm also here to admit that I am the one she is referring to. Here is a link to my own forum post that's similar to yours in case you want to read the advice other people here gave me.

I haven't gotten up the courage to write my own story yet, but I want to. If not, Kyndred has offered to accept my commission for a short story. She did say that I have to try to write it firs myself though and we would see how it turned out If my writing doesn't totally stink, then maybe I'll continue it

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fic idea I want someone to write into a story 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 57
Whoa,

Nice plot. I like it, but it doesn't leave a great deal of room for creativity or a personal touch. I think this one is a tad too complicated, also, it might be best as Kyndred suggested that it be written by you Kyoan.

Only you can really give your own vision justice.

Nice plotline though.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Kyo
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fic idea I want someone to write into a story 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
Thanks for the thumbs up. And yeah, perhaps I should do it myself. But the thing is RL is so bad right now; I'll need a beta when I do and I'll need to reread and rewatch the manga and anime to pull this off (which I can't afford at this time). Oh well, guess I'll need to take baby steps first. Thanks again for the motivation!

P.S. Perhaps reading bad fics even unintentionally, caused me to ruin my perception on focusing only on the main characters. My bad.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/07 16:59 By kyouya134.
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fic idea I want someone to write into a story 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
kyoandyuya wrote:
P.S. Perhaps reading bad fics even unintentionally, caused me to ruin my perception on focusing only on the main characters. My bad.

It's alright! I wasn't saying that in a negative light - just wanted to point out something that I noticed since I'm an avid reader (not of fanfiction, but of fantasy novels primarily).

Best of luck to you!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.