Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kuma's Mulan Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Kuma's Mulan Challenge
Shalisa Davis
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kuma's Mulan Challenge 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I've been thinking about this story idea for years now but I'm having writers block So I challenge you to transform our favorite anime into the disney classic Mulan.I think the personalities of the Inuyasha cast would be perfect for this idea. Kagome is very close in character with mulan but I don't want this just a retelling to the T. It's gotta have that loving feudal era twist too it so if your up to the challenge give it your best shot & let the best "Mulan with a twist" win

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/12 02:47 By Kuma.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kuma's Mulan Challenge 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 17
I really hope I don't sound rude for this but because I've always had a thing for Mulan, there is something I need to say to this challenge.

First off, it sounds interesting (the challenge) but we need a few specifics. Any limitations, word counts, ratings, etc.? Will there be a banner?

Secondly, Mulan wasn't something that Disney came up with on the fly when they realized that their wallets were feeling a little lighter than normal. Mulan is a classic Chinese tale, and it does differ from Disney's story. Though Mulan came before this, if anyone is really interested in the true tale, I recommend The Saga of Mulan, an old (actually, the movie to follow this that told Mulan's story would be Disney's adaptation. Looks are very deceiving) Peking Opera style movie (just mute the sound if your not used to Chinese Opera (or lower the volume and Chinese opera is a bit of an acquired taste that I personally find will give me a headache if it is too loud) and be prepared to read subtitles). Or, here is Wikipedia's article on Hua Mulan:Hua Mulan.

For anyone partaking in this challenge, I'm not telling you that you have to do this or that, I just thought a little more information on the story of Mulan would be nice.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/12 05:23 By Wunderberry.

Shalisa Davis
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kuma's Mulan Challenge 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
@Rin-rin no I don't think you sound rude at all I honestly did not know the back story to Mulan I'm glad you cleared that up since I have never heard of the saga of mulan. I personally just loved disneys version and I believe it would be very easy to match it up with characters personalities. and as far as limitations go It has to be chapter stories(please no one shot or drabbles) I don't care about the rating I just want a serious writer to take this challenge up to make it theirs and have fun

Character must have(please dont kill me for my spelling)

Mulan-Kagome
Shang- Sesshomaru

Story Line idea:

Naraku and his minions attack Japan. One man from every family must join the army. Kagome secretly takes ji-chans or Soutas place in the war(you pick). Kagome is still a miko but found something to hide she is a female.They are still demons. you could have inuyasha start to fall in love with Kagome in which he thinks he's gay or some humourous twist I dunno thats just what I've been thinking about.

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kuma's Mulan Challenge 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 17
Though I can't promise much immediately, I do think I'd like to take it up. I already wrote down my idea, though it differs quite a bit from Disney's version, but relies on the core elements of the Mulan story in general.

Logged Logged

Shalisa Davis
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kuma's Mulan Challenge 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
that sounds good to me I can't wait for someone to take on this Challenge

Logged Logged
Katalynn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kuma's Mulan Challenge 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I think I will do this challenge. I will post my entry when it is up.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.