Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Aesop Fables Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Aesop Fables Challenge
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Aesop Fables Challenge 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Finally decided to host another challenge and was reading my collection of Aesop Fables out loud, since the baby is old enough to hear in the womb, and thought that these would make for some interesting stories with Kagome and Sesshoumaru. I know a couple of people used his stories while working on Skye's Reinventing the Classics challenge, but so far there has been no actual challenge for just his stories; as far as I could find anyways. Plus it has been years since that challenge came out.

This challenge will be a bit more rule oriented than my past challenge though...

Rules:

I will be choosing which lesson you get as a prompt. I will be going in order of the book I have and you will get your prompt in the order you post that you want to participate.

I will give you the lesson of the story, which will be your actual prompt, and you can choose if you want to use the story it goes with or just start from scratch with just the lesson to go by.

I will not tell you which version of the book I have in order to keep your lessons random for you. I am doing this so everyone doesn't want the same, or at least just the well known, fables and will give you a bit of a challenge.

If you need info on the story but cant find it online, just let me know and I will pm you the gist of what happens.

All ratings are welcome; just remember to post the rating when you post your link. Post all ratings, even if it is rated T to make things easier.

The story can only be a one-shot! At least 3k words. No maximum on the word count, as long as it is a one-shot.

I have decided to not allow fanart in this challenge.

You can participate more than once, but you will not get a second prompt until you have posted your link to your completed first one.

My book only has 28 fables so this challenge will remain open until all of them have been used. If by chance there is enough requesting to continue after all 28 have been done, I will restart the list.

Use the following format when posting:

Title:
Author:
Rating:
Word Count:
Lesson:
Summary:

All of the above must be answered when you post your story.

There will be a participation banner, just didn't like any of the images associated with him so gonna make my own. Will post it on this post once it is ready.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask .

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Aesop Fables Challenge 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
<~ very interested! Nervous, but I am pretty excited to see how this goes.

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Aesop Fables Challenge 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Your lesson: Better no rule than cruel rule. It's from the fable The Frogs Deserving a King.

Remember has to be a one-shot of at least 3,000 words . And let me know if you need information about the story.

Aiko-san wrote:
<~ very interested! Nervous, but I am pretty excited to see how this goes.

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Aesop Fables Challenge 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 60
Okay, I am interested. Does the oneshot HAVE to be a reenactment of the fable or may I just incorporate the prompt you give me in whatever way I choose in said oneshot?

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Aesop Fables Challenge 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I am guessing it is "frogs desiring a king"? Because that is the only one coming up in my search.

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
@BelovedStranger You do not have to use the story at all, your actual prompt is the lesson from the story. I just list the name of the story in case you want to look it up for more information, but no, it does not have to be used at all. You can if you want to though . Just wanted to double check, do you want a lesson?

@Aiko-san Yes, sorry my book has it listed with a 'the' at the front, but it should be the exact same story.

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
You betcha! Hit me with a lesson and I'll give you at least a 3K oneshot ^^

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Your lesson: "Better beans and bacon in peace then cakes and ale in fear." Story is The town mouse and the country mouse.

BelovedStranger wrote:
You betcha! Hit me with a lesson and I'll give you at least a 3K oneshot ^^

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Hairann wrote:
[quote]Your lesson: "Better beans and bacon in peace then cakes and ale in fear." Story is The town mouse and the country mouse.

Can you tell me what this quote means? O///O I want to make absolutely sure I do the oneshot correctly ^^

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Basically it means it is better to have less in peace, then more or better while having to fear. The gist of the story is there are two mice, one from the city and one from the country. The city one goes to the country one's home to eat and is insulted because the country mouse only has beans and bacon to share with him. Then they go to the city mouse's home where he is able to share ale and cakes, more expensive, 'better' food, but in the middle of dinner they get chased by a dog. So the country mouse says that he'd rather have less than have to fear for his life while eating.

Hope this explains it .

BelovedStranger wrote:

Can you tell me what this quote means? O///O I want to make absolutely sure I do the oneshot correctly ^^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/13 23:26 By Hairann.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.