Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
4th Quarter Awards Clarification/Update
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 4th Quarter Awards Clarification/Update
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
4th Quarter Awards Clarification/Update 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 696975
Hi guys,

We had an awesome first weekend. As of right now, we have 81 accepted nominations including Duplicates...but there aren't very many duplicates either. I have one nomination sitting in my queue waiting for clarification so that'll bring it up to 82...in two days!!

That being said...I'm encountering the same issue over and over. With the increasing popularity of Drabble and one shot series (and seeing as I've written several myself I don't blame you at all for wanting to write them), people are nominating the series as a whole for hte one shot or Drabble. I need the individual drabble or one shot. What I'm looking into is a category for series fics in the future, but for now, please highlight the particular drabble/oneshot in the series you want nominated.

Happy nominating! I hope to see more from you all!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:4th Quarter Awards Clarification/Update 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
For the record, I would like to state that for this quarter (at least, it may be longer depending on how I feel) all my fictions are ineligible for awards. This is not just for Dokuga but for ALL fan fiction awards across the board. It's nothing personal against any particular site but it's my form of a protest.

Let me explain... Though I know what I'm about to say may sound confusing or bizarre, it works for me...

I am doing this a protest against all the unfinished fictions out there. After once more reading something that won all kinds of awards and accolades only to find out it's not finished and probably never will be, I've thought about it and, like many others, have felt that something needs to be done to encourage people to either not nominate unfinished fiction or encourage authors to finish their work. For me, that is pulling my work for being able to be nominated. In my mind, I am hoping that by pulling my work people will recognize that it's not fair to those that do actually finish all their work and the readers that have to put up with the nonsense of getting involved in something only to see it never done.

If you go back through the list of those on Dokuga alone who have won awards you will see only a small handful of the work that has been nominated or won is finished. It's even a smaller percentage of those that will ever get done. If you think about it, winning an award for something that is not done gives no encouragement to finish that work. No, I'm not asking sites to revamp their voting or awards to exclude unfinished work, I'm asking the readers to abstain from nominating it! In doing that, you will give the authors who finish their work the pat on the back that they deserve and the encouragement to the ones that don't finish to get it done!

So, for this quarter anyway, maybe longer, my stuff is not allowed to be nominated.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me about it

Danyealle

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:4th Quarter Awards Clarification/Update 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 21
wow, that was so harsh, but also very truthful.

I too understand what you mean, I was reading a story yesterday on FFnet about Rurouni Kenshin, and was unfinished and then I checked and the last updated had been on 2005... it was sad, it was a good story.

I myself am stuck with many stories, they are dusting on my laptop, because I dont post new material until I finish the one I currently work on. Its hard, but one must have to force the laziness out somehow... thats my prize, If I finish, I can get on with another story. Yup, and I swear, most of the time, I hate it.

Logged Logged

Mimiru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:4th Quarter Awards Clarification/Update 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
That's why I try to post only one shots nowadays, I dont have the mind set to just sit down and write a full length story, I'm still working on KOTS and yeah lol

Logged Logged

Its okay to be insane, I mean lookit Dokuga, its FULL of nuts
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.