Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inspiration Assistance Inquiry
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Inspiration Assistance Inquiry
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Inspiration Assistance Inquiry 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
Okay, this might sound a little strange, but hear me out.

Some of the greatest stories out there are unfinished. A lot of the authors of these stories are not able to be contacted anymore, but there are some that are still active on various sites. Some lose their muse, some just back their characters or stories into corners and cannot figure out how to get themselves out again. It is a terrible shame to see some stories that you love remain unfinished or on hiatus.

I was thinking about maybe starting a group where authors that have stories like this could ask for readers to go through their stories again and maybe offer advice/inspiration or perhaps just cheerleading and encouragement to take up the thread and pen/keyboard again to go forward from wherever they left off. Maybe it could be something where authors go to ask people for help, or fans go to see if their favorite authors would like to be included in a project like this.

Does anyone see the value or potential in something like this? If so, would anyone be willing or able to help set it up? I would like to have something to do with the running of a group like this, but do not know if only certain members are allowed. Plus, it would be nice to have banners or something and I have absolutely no idea how to make those.

Please give me feedback on this. The idea has been brewing in my brain for awhile. Did anything like this already exist? Does it still, and I have just not seen it?

I know there are about a million questions in this post, but anything you guys could offer would be so helpful.

Sessylove219

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inspiration Assistance Inquiry 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I think it would be a great idea. I highly doubt I would have the time to join, and I'm quite selfish when it comes to my writing, I'm kinda of a 'why give someone else the idea when I can write it myself' kind of person, so it wouldn't really be for me. But I have noticed in a lot of unfinished stories that the authors complain about not having any more ideas of where to take the story and so, it would most likely be a great idea.

I am of course more than happy to help with making banners, I'm completely addicted to it lol. But that would do doubt be as far as my participation in this group went. And to my knowledge, anyone member of Dokuga can start a group and if not, you would merely need to have the admins sign off on it, and I don't see them having a problem with this kind of group.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inspiration Assistance Inquiry 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
If there are any others that post any kind of interest, I will approach the admins about creating a group like this. I have heard from a few people in chat about not knowing how to go with their stories, so perhaps there would be interested parties. Thanks!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Inspiration Assistance Inquiry 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 696975
Go for it. sounds like a great idea!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inspiration Assistance Inquiry 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
See told you they'd approve the idea lol.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.