Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Assignment 13
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Assignment 13
Ikaru
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 21
Alrighty everyone rejoyce...i finally learned how to put the links in ...thanks so much to the great Hair-chan!! Alrighty everyone have fun!!

###############################

A Day Out of the Everyday by Smittee Reviews
Rating: K - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshots - Genre: Humor - Updated: 08-22-08 - Created: 08-22-08 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 917 - Reads: 145

Determination by Sensei Reviews
Based upon the prompts of the Drabble/Drawble Night on Dokuga Chat of 12/29/09, a tale of Sesshoumaru's resistance, acquiescence, and the love of a challenge. (All 8 drabbles collected in one chapter.) Thanks to Priestess_Skye for posting about the fun chat night!
Rating: T - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshot Collections - Genre: Action, Angst, Drama, Romance - Updated: 12-30-09 - Created: 12-30-09 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 866 - Reads: 117

What you are to me by Sesshoumaru's Lady Reviews
A collection of several songfics that are centered around the relationship between Kagome and Sesshoumaru.
Rating: MA - Universe: Alternate - Status: Incomplete - Category: Oneshot Collections - Genre: Drama, Romance - Updated: 04-22-09 - Created: 04-22-09 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 2,195 - Reads: 348

Throb by GeminiStarlyte Reviews
She can feel his body on her body.
Rating: MA - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshots - Genre: Erotica, Kink, Romance - Updated: 09-04-08 - Created: 09-04-08 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 186 - Reads: 381

Our Subway Time by Smittee Reviews
This is a sort of song fic...Well, you'll see what I mean.I placed it under Romance, because I was unsure what it was.
Rating: K - Universe: Alternate - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshots - Genre: Romance - Updated: 08-31-08 - Created: 08-30-08 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 1,312 - Reads: 128

To Be Loved by Yuiitsu Sakka Reviews
With Naraku and the Jewel gone, Kagome has no purpose in the past, but will Sesshoumaru convince her to stay? One-Shot Please R&R!
Rating: K+ - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshots - Genre: Romance - Updated: 09-02-08 - Created: 09-02-08 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 1,134 - Reads: 92

Ready? by GeminiStarlyte Reviews
Is Kagome really ready for him?
Rating: MA - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshots - Genre: Erotica, Kink, Romance - Updated: 09-03-08 - Created: 09-03-08 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 341 - Reads: 329

To See You Smile by Smittee Reviews
It's a fic, created from listening to Basshunter's "All I Ever Wanted".
Rating: K+ - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshots - Genre: Romance - Updated: 09-02-08 - Created: 09-02-08 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 3,612 - Reads: 149

Goodbye by Mikaela Reviews
In the darkness of death, she finds herself alone, without a savior. But all it takes is a simple child to find her and beg for her life for her to be restored. Alas, salvation had not been her wish, but now she had no other choice. So, living on time given to her by an enemy turned ally, she stands beside him and drowns in sorrow, living only to avenge a love lost. (Currently undergoing chapter edits)
Rating: T - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Drama - Updated: 09-03-08 - Created: 09-03-08 Chapters: 5 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 9,565 - Reads: 511

*Lost Time has been removed because the author removed her profile so her story is no longer available*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/13 01:04 By Ikaru.

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Assignment 13 complete, and heads up warning, the last one is painful to get through.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
I finished everything except the last, Lost Time - the link didn't work and it didn't come up in the search either.
Seems like this week's batch were in dire need of some beta help - Dokuga doesn't have beta service like FanFiction.net does...a thought for the future.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Angelicatt wrote:
I finished everything except the last, Lost Time - the link didn't work and it didn't come up in the search either.
Seems like this week's batch were in dire need of some beta help - Dokuga doesn't have beta service like FanFiction.net does...a thought for the future.

Guess she didn't like my review and took down her story/account cause it was working fine earlier but even her account doesn't seem to be there anymore. I'll double check your reviews now and reply once they've been approved.

Edit: Okay your reviews have been approved and I will be adding your banner in just a moment. Slight warning though, you are not in trouble so don't worry, but a couple of your reviews were tilting a bit too much toward harsh, and thought I would give you a heads up. So please try to watch for it in the future .

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/13 01:04 By Hairann.

Ikaru
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 21
alright I'm done...it was definitely an....interesting, yeah that's a nice word for it...interesting assignment this week...

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Ikaru wrote:
alright I'm done...it was definitely an....interesting, yeah that's a nice word for it...interesting assignment this week...

Reviews are approved and will be adding your banner in just a moment.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
Okay, I am all finished. There were a lot of songfics this time...was that deliberate?

I have a few questions, and wonder if they are appropriate here, or on another guild forum, but I will put them down anyways.

1. Do the authors that get listed on each assignment get notified or asked that their work will be included? I only ask because there was one that pulled their account and story. Perhaps there are some that are just not prepared or wanting the critique and criticism that comes with being listed. I am just concerned that some authors are not ready for such. Perhaps it is something to consider?

2. I know that a part of this whole enterprise is to offer tips to new writers or writers that don't get a lot of reads and reviews to help them be better, but I don't feel the need to be overly critical of something that I like. I have read some reviews that would even have me a little sad, so I am not going to go too hard on people. If this makes me not a good member, that is fine, but I just don't think it should be that way.

I do like the assignments and seeing the things that you guys put up, but I hope some reviewers understand that writing is hard and you are putting some of yourself out for everyone to see when you post it.

Thanks!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
I'll go over your reviews in just a moment, but wanted to address your post first. Ikaru has not mentioned anything about the song fics and I am pretty sure the list is random, so I don't think it was intentional. But I have noticed that song fics are one of the hardest to get reviews for, so there will probably be a good deal of them in the assignments.

We do not currently notify the authors considering they are already getting 5-8 emails letting them know they have reviews and don't really want to add more things for them to read lol, but I have been mulling over the idea of making a banner for the stories that have been listed, and if you or any of our other members have thoughts on this idea they are always welcome.

As far as them not wanting CC, Dokuga posted in the rules to mention this in an AN so readers know before hand, and I have been keeping watch of the ANs to make sure none have posted that they don't want CC. If any of our members happen to beat me to reviewing, and catch one such AN, please inform us here asap so the story can either be taken off the list or we can give the members warning not to post CC.

There are a lot of stories on this site that need our attention and truthfully our CC, and hopefully this doesn't sound too rude, but it is up to the individual author to let their readers know if they do not want CC, and it is not our job to make sure they do theirs.

The only thing you need to be a good member is honesty. If you like a story and can't find anything to CC about, you don't have to write a CC review, you can always post a review full of praise. I try to guide the members when they get a bit close to stepping outside of what we are trying to do, such as too harsh or too short of a review. But as far as what you post in your review, as long as it follows both Dokuga's rules and our own, is entirely up to you.

I have seen quite a few reviews from our members that I do not agree with, such as finding nothing wrong with the story when I found tons of things wrong, but I don't judge based off of my opinion of the story when approving reviews. I know my opinion is simply that and I do not expect anyone else to share it. It will not help the authors to grow if they are simply shown one point of view.

As I am sure you will soon learn, if you haven't already, I am rather blunt. I try not to be rude but I refuse to sugarcoat the truth. The authors that need help will not learn anything by being babied. I know what it's like to be in their shoes, as I myself am a writer, and it was only a few years ago that I started writing fan fiction. Because of the CC that I received from my reviewers, my writing has improved greatly in just a short time. I know the amazing difference it can make in writing and the whole reason I joined this guild in the first place was to give back to other writers what was given to me.

As far as the story that was pulled goes, to my knowledge, I was the only one that reviewed before it was removed and while I may have been blunt, the review was not all that harsh. If she truly did pull it, which doesn't make since to me since she deleted her account as well, because of what I posted, than it is something that she needs to work on herself. If something of that level made her run, she still has a long way to go before she should try posting her work online, since if it is posted anywhere else, I am quite sure she has a number of flames. I am not trying to be rude, I realize it's sometimes hard to tell, but people will only learn from their mistakes when they know they've made them.

By the way, you can find the rule I was referring to earlier under 3. Reviews. And if they have done what they were supposed to and read the rules, they would already be aware of this. And I really hope you don't take this reply as rude, it is so not meant to me, again I am rather blunt, but I wanted to make sure I could answer all of your questions. And if you or any other member have any further questions, please feel free to ask. You will only receive an answer to a question that was voiced.

Hairann

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Sessylove219 wrote:
Okay, I am all finished.

Reviews are approved and will post your banner now.

Logged Logged

Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
will do boss-lady. I try to add sweet to constructive but sometimes it comes out a little blah

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Angelicatt wrote:
will do boss-lady. I try to add sweet to constructive but sometimes it comes out a little blah

Don't worry I understand completely .

Logged Logged

Ikaru
graphgraph
Just figured i'd add my 2 cents to your questions Sessylove219. The assignments are random, we just happened to luck out, so to speak, that this assignment had several song fics, and hairann is right that there will probably be many of them in future assignments.

As for being a good member, i believe you are doing fine, you just review however you feel most comfortable, whether it is a glowing praise review or a CC review, as long as you remember to be respectful it is fine. I too am an author and i know it is hard to get get a CC review, but they are a part of posting your fics online and i believe an author should take them into consideration without taking anything too personally.

As for the Author removing her profile, i am not aware of the circumstances for her removing it, but i doubt it is from us leaving her a CC review, there are more than likely several deeper reasons for her leaving, and it is not for us to worry about, that is between her, and possibly the moderators.

expressing your opinion here is exactly what i wanted for everyone to do, you had a concern and hopefully we have addressed it, i wanna warn everyone again that i too am rather blunt, i try to be nice but it doesn't always work, that comes across in my reviews and in here, so please do not think of me as rude. Well i hope this helps if only a little, if you have anymore concerns please feel free to ask them here or in the new sticky post i will be making for this in the future. In the rules i remember stating that any of your ideas for this group don't do us any good if they stay stuck in your head, so please let us know if you come up with anything!!

Ikaru

Logged Logged

Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
I just finished reading the last story in the assignment. I had fun. My favorite was probably Subway. It was moving and I hope the author will write a sequel someday. It was surprising to read a song fic that I actually liked, never mind, finding the inserted lyrics to have enhanced the story. Looking forward to the next assignment.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Scherherazade wrote:
I just finished reading the last story in the assignment. I had fun. My favorite was probably Subway. It was moving and I hope the author will write a sequel someday. It was surprising to read a song fic that I actually liked, never mind, finding the inserted lyrics to have enhanced the story. Looking forward to the next assignment.

Reviews are approved and will be adding your banner in just a moment. Amazing job on your reviews by the way . And Subway was my favorite as well, hoping for a sequel as well. It's probably the best story we'd had in our assignments so far, in my opinion anyways .

Logged Logged

beckyducky
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27
oh no!! assignment 13 is already up?!?! I dont have any time this week though! (currently, I am clandestinely sneaking internet time while i'm supposed to be finishing an eco project... >.<) I'll try to r/r...no promises though... >.<

grrrrr

Logged Logged

I claimed Goshinboku in the Claim Game~! trees rule.
Ikaru
graphgraph
no problem beckyducky, homework should always come first, just do what you can, there are several one shots this week so you might be able to get it done, you have till friday after all...i wish you luck!!

Ikaru

Logged Logged

Stacerue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
I'm finished. I agree with the beta thing. They do say two heads are better than one.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Stacerue wrote:
I'm finished. I agree with the beta thing. They do say two heads are better than one.

Approved and will be adding your banner in just a moment. One of your reviews was a bit too short, barely over a complete line, so please watch for that in the future, but nicely done otherwise .

Logged Logged

CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 13 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 47
I managed to get this one done in time (just barely). There were several good stories this week, but I had the hardest time coming up with something to write for some of the reviews. I often have that problem with one-shots.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
CritterWhisperer wrote:
I managed to get this one done in time (just barely). There were several good stories this week, but I had the hardest time coming up with something to write for some of the reviews. I often have that problem with one-shots.

Just by the skin of your teeth huh? lol, though I have never really understood that expression lol. Reviews are approved and will be adding your banner in just a moment .

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.