Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Are you trying to kill us no-chan?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Are you trying to kill us no-chan?
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Are you trying to kill us no-chan? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Now I realize this is going to sound mean, and sorry but tough pickle. I'm not even half way through assignment 6 and all I want to do is bang my head, repeatedly. It makes it rather hard to leave a review full of constructive criticism when all I want to do is tell them to stop writing. Obviously I don't and I do my best to give them some words of advice without sounding like a complete bitch, but gah.

We've had some bad ones before yes and I suffered through them without too many complaints lol and I will continue with this list, just needed to take a break to rant for a moment lol. A lot of these ones I'm simply reading the first chapter and leaving reviews based on that, since I don't expect they improved that great of an amount between the two chapters, but I could not stand to force myself to read another chapter.

I know this may sound like I'm just flaming them, and in a way I guess I kinda am, which is why I posted it here instead of talking about it on the forums or chat or something and why I didn't name which stories I was talking about. Guess I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problems with this assignment as I was.

And no-chan if this steps over too much into the realm of flaming just delete, no hard feelings if ya do.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Are you trying to kill us no-chan? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I know believe me. And this is one of the reasons i made this group. When an issue or feeling like this is posted in the public forum it tends to get out of hand. but they a very common feelings and questions. i dont want you to name specific stories or writers but general discussion about an assignment is totally appropriate.

And yess hairann when i went through this assignment i realized how challenging it was going to be. Now this is another thing i really liked about this idea. What i have noticed is that an author maybe gets one criticism or two and just keeps going. With this group i hope to have them get a few different ideas and responses as to what they can do to improve. You dont necisarriyl have to read an entire fic to review i usually only read the first chapter and if im not into it or its one of "THOSE" (you all know what i am talking about. Then i leave critisims and positives and leave it at that.

Now the difference is opinion. you cant knock someone for being cliched or writing a fic you dont like the idea of. Its most basic english and flow of the story we are looking at. Its up to you guys for sure. I think i will send out a group email because i want to see what the others have to say about this assignment too.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Are you trying to kill us no-chan? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Glad I didn't overstep my bounds with the post. And I kept the reviews as CC and polite as was humanly possible. And the only time I stepped out of the realm of basic tips and gave any kind of opinion, I made sure to mention that it was in fact my opinion.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Crisalide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Are you trying to kill us no-chan? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Please pardon me. I have not been very active in this group, nor with fanfiction in general as I am in the middle of my spring semester.

During the break, or maybe even summer break, I think I will have more time to participate.

I apologize for the inconvenience and maybe spamming of this lovely thread.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

-Me

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.