Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Beta Needed for 'Stealing Heaven' revision
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Beta Needed for 'Stealing Heaven' revision
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Beta Needed for 'Stealing Heaven' revision 12 Years ago Karma: 39
Okay, as many of the readers for my fic Stealing Heaven know, I've had it in mind to be revised into an original fiction as soon as it's completed. The revision, itself, isn't what I need assistance with- I've been re-reading the story to keep it fresh in my mind while I work to finish it and I've been stumbling over typos, missed words and mis-wordings (and, much to my chagrin, misspellings) left, right and sideways . I tried to comb through the chapters myself to do it, but, as I have learned repeatedly, correctly proofing your own work is close to impossible, and I need to have them fixed so I don't find myself getting tripped up by them while I'm threading out any fanfiction elements. It would take a huge weight off my shoulders if someone could help me with this.

I need a ruthlessly meticulous individual to proofread the full story and correct these errors. However, it is a rather voluminous document (135,000+ words, not including the chapter I'm working on at this very moment) and I'm not sure how many would be willing to undertake this task.

If you're interested in helping, you can respond here and PM me your email address (please don't put your email address in your forum response, as it is visible to the public). I would ask that no YIMs respond to this, as it is a MA rated work and in order to proof it, you'd have to read it and, well, you know how that goes. Please give me a time frame in which you feel you'd be able to complete it- I only expect approximates here, not an exact "I can have it done in 'this many' days". I understand people have lives and obligations that matter more than editing someone else's stuff (I have four kids, one who's a newborn, so believe me when I say 'I understand', lol) and please be honest about how long you feel it may take you and let me know if something comes up that causes the proofing to be put on hold. I know that may seem like asking a bit much, but I don't want to hand it over to someone feeling confident that they'll have it done in a few weeks, or a month and then have it be six months before I even hear from the person.

And now back to writing.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed for 'Stealing Heaven' revision 12 Years ago Karma: 24
I don't want to be greedy and say that I'll do it because I still have your other work of fiction I need to finish reading and offer my amazingly awesome sound boarding skills on. But, I have a HUGE interest in assisting you in your journey towards becoming a very well known, money making author. LOL. So, while my grammar kind of really sucks, I am pretty awesome at catching spelling errors, a misuse of words, etc. most of the time. If no one else offers their assistance and you are interested, then I would be more than happy to help you out!

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed for 'Stealing Heaven' revision 12 Years ago Karma: 39
*hugs* you rock, Theia (and yes, lol- you still need to get back to me on what you thought on the bit I sent you of The Wandering Place and the background for the teen one ;D). I'll keep you posted on the beta'ing.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/03/26 14:59 By Freya Ishtar.
Sarasama1
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed for 'Stealing Heaven' revision 12 Years ago Karma: 10
I don't know if you've finalized a beta, but I'd be happy to give it a shot. I've been reading your work and I've enjoyed everything that I've read to this point. I have some time because I'm currently involved in a job search. Finally, I'm not a YIM.

I'll PM you my email if you're interested. Thanks.

Logged Logged
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Beta Needed for 'Stealing Heaven' revision 12 Years ago Karma: 11
I'll beta for you! Just know you have an English major here if ya want me! SesshysRose is at your service! lol

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.