Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need Beta for a BIG Job
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Need Beta for a BIG Job
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Need Beta for a BIG Job 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 38
I have a beta, a wonderful lovely beta, but she's busy with life and I have a mega project that I can't expect her to do.

I've finished going through and making all my edits to 'She Who the Prophecy Foretold', but I need a beta, a very good and thorough beta, to go through all but 5 of 79 chapters, around 400,000 words, for me.

I would like a beta that uses the Microsoft Word comment balloons. You'd need to be good with comma rules especially, because I overuse and then go back through and remove commas horribly. I also like comments where a sentence just sounds funny, with suggestions on how to fix it.

Because it's such a big job, please be sure that you are up for going through the whole thing because I really would rather not change betas somewhere along the way. If there are several volunteers I'd like to send them all one chapter, the same chapter, so I can compare beta styles and find someone who fits well with me.

Hopefully at least one person will be up for the job! I want to get all the edits done so I can actually update the thing!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Eien-no-Melody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Beta for a BIG Job 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Funny you should be posting this, cause I'm actually rereading SWTPF on spark.

I would love to beta your story, but maybe a trail chapter is needed to see if we would work well.

Logged Logged

SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Need Beta for a BIG Job 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 38
I had one other volunteer as well, so I'm going to send out a test chapter. Could you give me an email address for you? Thanks so much!
Sunset

Logged Logged
Sarasama1
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Beta for a BIG Job 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
Hello,

I've been a big fan of your stories for a long time and am eagerly waiting for you to update "She Who the Prophecy Foretold". I am not a writer myself but have really good editing skills and ability. I would be happy to take this on for you.

My email address is Sarasama1@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.