Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help would be nice.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help would be nice.
Sonya
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 5
Does anyone know of a good free website that you can download movies and tv shows to your computer? And well you know not too hard to figure out? Lol I am not very good with technology so easier the better. Thanks very much.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 57
You need to be aware of several things before you download anything for free on the internet.

1 - It is generally illegal to download copyrighted material off the internet. This includes movies, films, music, software, and so on across the spectrum of content on the internet.

If you download without permission from the copyright holder you will be breach of copyright.

2 - If you use bit-torrent, filesharing websites, and or peer-to-peer networks to download copyrighted content you could be breaking local or national laws where you live. You could face court-proceedings, be fined, and have your ISP teminate your internet user account.

Note that I'm not talking about SOPA.

Where I live there is an Anti-Filesharing law in effect with the above penalities I described if you are caught and prosecuted.

3 - Additionally you could be exposing your PC to viruses/trojans/hackers if you use bit-torrent or filesharing websites or peer-to-peer networks to upload and or download copyrighted content to and from the internet.

You do not know what you've downloaded until you open the file.

If it executes as a program on your PC and your malware/antivirus program doesn't pick it up prior to infection, you could have made a potentially costly mistake.

4 - The quality of film, music, and or TV show files might not be the best on the internet for live-streaming and or downloading. Resolutions could be pixelated, out of focus or shaky, the sound could be too high or too low or be generally terrible too. The internet is known for quantity not for quality, generally, unless you pay for it, but even that's debatable if you have a WIFI/Ethernet interference be that tech wearing out or electronic 'noise' stuffing up signals, or your ISP's servers going down.

5 - Just because a website says it can provide you with a link to download music, movie, or TV content for free doesn't mean that it is free. Many websites like Napster or Itunes demand payment for downloadable content, either before you download the file, or as part of a website access subscription fee. I've seen plenty of so called 'FREE' websites that are actually commercial sites looking for user subscriptions before they allow you to access these so called FREE files.

If anyone asks you to provide a bank account or credit card number upfront.

The content is not free no matter what the website says.

They're lying to you.

6 - PCs are not a cheap investment. If your PC is infected or compromised it will be expensive to repair and replace unless you know what you're doing. If a PC on average costs $500 to $1500 dollars without the fancy bells and whistles, you can consider paying just as much to get it fixed without paying for labour too.

A standard power-supply for a laptop PC where I live costs over $400 dollars. A RAM card costs between $125 to $500 dollars depending on the spec and capacity. And that's without servicing and installing it into the PC to see if it works.

7 - You can live-stream film, music, or TV show content for free on various websites. This is not considered downloading if you just watch it online. The bad thing is that it does chew up bandwidth and if you're on a fixed data-usage plan with a GB-cap limit, you need to watch how much data you use.

This is also true for online gaming and for using services like VOIP or Skype.

It's great to use yes, but used unwisely, can chew up your bandwidth meant to last a whole month in a matter of hours or days.

8 - There is an exception for 'freeware' or 'trial-version' content of various forms be that gaming (demos) or software (trial versions or freeware). If the copyright holder or developer states that the content is 'free' to use and distribute it could be under a GPU or GPL license, or be available to use/try/play for free like Open-Office, Libre Office, or GIMP.

Trial versions of software like Microsoft Office can be available for download to try out before you buy. They also tend to have a due-by-date deadline where-by they become inactive after a certain period of time.

I've used both freeware and trial ware before to 'check out' different pieces of software.

I've also downloaded screen-saver packages that were free but contained trojans, and downloaded different freeware painting programs similar to GIMP that contained malware, loads and loads of malware.

Luckily my antivirus caught it before it infected my PC, and Wiccan and other Dokugans gave me fantastic advice to use various freeware anti-malware detection programs to locate and remove the malware.

Many thanks.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/04/05 23:23 By Pyre.
Sonya
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 5
Yeah I thought there were too many cons too "free download". This has helped me a lot. My fiance wanted me to download some Naruto episodes but everything seems sketchy and we don't have the best anti virus programs. Very informative reply thanks so much.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 57
You can live-stream Naruto Shippuden online. If you google there are some good websites, the video quality is good, and you can view for free. It's not as good as owning the eps yourself but it is a decent way of viewing before you buy.

Just be careful though as some websites aren't what they appear to be too. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Trust your instincts.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/04/06 16:20 By Pyre.
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 52
Go to www.goodanime.net and you can watch almost any anime you can think of there.
Be warned though some if not most are in Japanese and subtitled. There are a few that are dubbed in English.

Logged Logged
tenchi no mai
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 60
If you are interested in watching, not owning, the episodes check the main/headquarters branch of your library system. The local branches can often bring stuff in on loan from the headquarters branch. Our county library system has an excellent and enormous collection of DVD's to borrow, better than one of our local video rental stores used to have. The only downside in our system is they are limited to three days and the fine for late returns is rather high, so check before you borrow them, but to be able to watch for free is awesome!

Logged Logged

Save the Earth...it\\\'s the only planet with chocolate! (Seen on a bumpersticker)
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 59
Naruto is on HULU (hulu.com). It's free to stream on your computer and about $8/month on mobile devices to stream - forgive me, this is in the US, not sure what availability there is if you are outside of the US. HULU does a pretty good job with their popular anime section. There's Naruto, Sword Art Online, Black Butler, the whole series of Inuyasha, Kami-sama Kiss . . . tons. Downside, you have to watch commercials, even with paid version. But when I'm bored at work I'm streaming anime on my phone, lol (ahh, the perks of unlimited data!).

HULU - Naruto

I did not see it on Netflix, but then again, neither is InuYasha there. Netflix does not have a great anime selection altogether though.

There are a lot of anime episodes on YouTube. I've watched a lot of InuYasha epi's there before HULU. In fact, I couldn't get a hold of FREE! before the US release and found them on YouTube. Watching them on YouTube supports the illegal trade, but is not illegal of you to watch. Just know that you may go back to that link one day and find that the video has been removed due to copyright infringements. Distribution and sale of the videos, however, such as if you hold the account posting the video, is illegal. It is because of this reason I am hesitant to admit that there are several browser apps that can dl youtube videos for you. However, extreme caution should be used because these 3rd party apps pack some nasty surprises, viruses, malware, spyware. Unless you have a very thorough scanning program, you may not even know it is on your computer.

YouTube - Naruto Episode 1 - ENG Dub

But there you go, 3 safe ways to get your anime fix. The easiest and safest method would be HULU, if you don't mind watching the commercials, which are only 2 min long, unlike TV. You can even set up an acct for free and make a que list of things you've watched and things you want to watch in the future.

I know you said you wanted to dl these videos, but, unless you're buying the official DVD (physical or digital) or getting it from an illegal source, I'd stay away from trying to dl them yourself off a website unless you're tech savvy. As a techie, I've fixed many a computer from people who indiscriminately go onto a site for this reason and end up with devastating viral/spyware issues and, occasionally, identity theft problems.

Lastly, if watching on your TV is your preference, there are ways you can do this. If you have a laptop with a HDMI port, it's as simple as plugging it in and setting it up. Most OS automatically switch over to your TV screen - in the past you had to physically reconfigure switching from monitor to screen. Even my tablet has a micro HDMI port, so I often stream right off my tablet to my TV. I do not have an iPad, though and I am not sure if the iPad has this same capability, sorry. Do remember that streaming on your tablet does involve you needing the paid version of HULU. If no laptop or tablet available, most new TV have a DVI port (the port you would plug the monitor cable to in the back of your computer monitor) to which you can just use your TV as a computer monitor and stream that route.

Forgive any typos, I'm using my tablet and it's being a female dog this morning, lol.

<3 L

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/04/06 15:03 By Smoke Goddess.
Sonya
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Help would be nice. 10 Years ago Karma: 5
I've never heard of goldmine but I'll try it. Thanks a lot. I with I could buy all the Naruto episodes . I was lucky to have a brother who bought me all the seasons of inuyasha. One day Naruto will be ours! Lol thanks so much for the help everyone who responded.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.