Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
To all Authors, Moderators, Etc.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: To all Authors, Moderators, Etc.
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
To all Authors, Moderators, Etc. 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 59
I've been a loyal Dokuga reader for quite a good number of years now; breaks here and there because of school and what not, but lurking in the background somewhere. Yesterday I read a forum post from a new Dokuga member who was interested in our take of great Sessh/Kag fanfiction. While that in and of itself is nothing new, the great number of responses and encouragement from the members here urged me to write this post:

THANK YOU to all moderators and Dokuga site handlers who take time to feed our passion and fandom. You often get overlooked at how important your job is to keep all of this going, through the bug fixes and good challenges. Many are quick to complain at things that may be lacking, but may be ignorant to how much work and time you put in above and beyond your RL responsibilities. So take it from someone who very much appreciates what you do:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Also, to the authors THANK YOU!! Without you, there is no Dokuga. Thank you for taking the time to write down your imaginings and share them with us for our enjoyment. Dokuga is my #1 visited site and my homepage; I loyally check it everyday and wait avidly for updates like an addict. As I have said, I have been a reader for years - enough to see writers come and go. It is always sad to see a writer grow out of the fandom, but I appreciate their time and the legacy of stories they - hopefully - leave behind. That being said, while I have come across SO many talented writers here at this site, I know that there are so many emerging artists joining us. So while I do have my trusty favorites, authors, please know that we readers give you all a chance and appreciate your hard work, even if you still have improvements to make. We all have to start at the beginning. What better place to do it than here with people who look forward to seeing you progress? Also readers, please continue to make our authors feel welcome with lots of love and gentle constructive criticism, if needed. It's a scary thing putting yourself out there for others to view, so always review with respect.

THANK YOU DOKUGA FOR BEING AWESOME!!

* Thank you for reading this and I hope this wasn't overkill, but I was really impressed, lol *

<3 L

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:To all Authors, Moderators, Etc. 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
And thank YOU, Emiko, as well as all the other Dokuga members!!

Without our members, we wouldn't have the terrific community we have... and it IS a community. We have members from all over the world, from all walks of life, and their willingness to share their stories and their advice is what makes us one of the BEST and BIGGEST single-pairing communities on the 'net.

Our authors and artists, well, I think it goes without saying that we wouldn't be what we are without them. Their leap of faith in entrusting their stories and artwork to our site humbles me on a regular basis. Their willingness to abide by our somewhat lengthy and (occasionally) picky rules warms the very cockles of my little heart.

I would be remiss if I didn't note the very HEART of our success, however... those who donate to keep the site going, year after year!!! Our donors ROCK, period. We had so many people donate even small amounts in our last fundraiser that it proved impossible to keep on top of it all... more donors than EVER before!

Now that Dokuga is rapidly approaching its 6th anniversary, I would like to take the opportunity Emiko has opened here to also say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH to our members, our authors, our artists, our donors, and our all-volunteer, valiant, hard-working support staff. Without ALL of you, this site would not be the winner *I* feel it is!

HUGE HUGZ TO ALL!!
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:To all Authors, Moderators, Etc. 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 59
Ooohh, Wiccan, you actually bring up a great point! Yes, thank you to all those who donate to help keep Dokuga going, as well!!!

That being said, I have always wondered, are donations welcomed even after the active fundraising period is over? I have always wanted to, but am horrible at deadlines because of work and school. I figure it is the least I can do for a site that has been the substance of my addiction for so many years. Please keep me in the know and I would love to provide continued support to Dokuga.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:To all Authors, Moderators, Etc. 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
Emiko, donations are ALWAYS gladly, gratefully, and humbly accepted!!!

Whenever one can donate, whatever one can spare us, we are so very thankful... our donors make it possible for us to continue to provide a home for the very BEST Sess/Kag stories and artwork!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.