Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Free File Viewer Update????
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Free File Viewer Update????
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Free File Viewer Update???? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
So, I got to work this morning and when I turned the computer on, this thing showed up trying to get me to click install for a "Free File Viewer Update 2014". The only options were to "update now" or "remind me later". The little "X" thing was grayed out, so I couldn't X out of it. I shrunk it down, and it's living at the bottom of my screen, winking at me like an evil little troll. My boss "claims" she did'nt do anything or go anywhere on the internet to cause this. I ran Malwarebytes, which did not detect any bad karma buildup in the computer. Does anyone out there know what the heck this is, and how to get rid of it without infecting my computer with nasty viruses or malware? Is there any way it already is infected?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Free File Viewer Update???? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
Its been my experience that if it does not let you exit out it is probably already infected, what I would suggest is restart your computer in safemode with networking and attempt the malware scan again. Also run a spyware program such as 'spybot search and destroy.' Some of these infections are immune to the main program, and I believe Malware bytes has shadow versions, I think that's what they're called, they are the same program but they have a differnt way of running that the infection doesn't recognize as a malware program, thus letting them get the infection.

Hope this helps

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Free File Viewer Update???? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
Scary! Thank you so much!

Logged Logged
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Free File Viewer Update???? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
Not a problem. Hope it helps

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Free File Viewer Update???? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
Yeah, you've got something nasty on your system. If Malwarebytes doesn't get it, get this program; Superantispyware
www.superantispyware.com/
It takes out what most other programs don't anymore. And has gotten plenty nasty off my system. There is a free version, what i run. My experience is though Spybot Search and Destroy is worthless anymore. It picks up nothing. It used to be about the best there was, but now--it no longer does the job it purports to do. Malwarebytes is great and combine it with Superaintspyware and you get everything out there.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Free File Viewer Update???? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
Wow, thanks guys! It is so kind of you to take the time to share your knowledge, you have no idea how much I value such goodwill on several different levels.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.