Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal?
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 37
OK so here I am with what could be a tiny issue or a big one depending on how it turns out. I moved in my own personal space three weeks ago and I wanted so much to throw a house opening party, or just throw together a nice meal for my closest friends and family. I didn't then because I just couldn't find the time. Anyhow I picked New Years day for the event, but my problem is that only a couple of Chinese restaurants are opened on that day nearest to my home that does takeout. I love Chinese food but I wanted something more homey.

Honestly I am not a bad cook but I would love some assistance with dinner ideas. So here it goes, what would be an easy three course meal to cook up that have some holiday spirit in it? And one more thing, what would be a good cocktail to serve the grown ups that I can make. I have to start the cooking later. Please help!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 109
Hmm, well if you can make pasta then I have a simple recipe that my mommy uses. She boils pasta (any kind you want), and cooks some veggies either in the pressure cooker or the microwave until they're soft. (Generally, she cooks green peppers, string (green) beans, peas, carrots, and whatever else she has on hand.) Then, she puts the pasta and veggies in a pan, adds whatever spice she has, and oil and cooks until the food is ready and smells good. (Curry powder is a staple in our home but as long as you use whatever spices you think taste good- salt, paprika, pepper, garlic salt, etc.) you're good.

If you like rice pudding, my mom has another easy recipe. She warms milk until it's nicely heated and adds vermicelli to it until the vermicelli becomes soft. Then she adds some sugar and vanilla extract until everything is well mixed.

I can't think of an entree but good luck! I hope my answer helped a little too!

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 37
Thank you so much, I will definitely try the pasta with the veggies and add some meat to spice it up. That's one dish now I need two more and a recipe for a nice cocktail. I love curry too!

Logged Logged
Haven
Pup
graphgraph
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
For festive cocktail, we've served up eggnog and persecco (italian sparkling wine).
In a glass, pour eggnog into 1/3 glass, then pour persecco until it foams and fizzes all the way to the top. It tastes and looks like an eggnog float. Just pour less eggnog if you don't want it as sweet or thick. If you're adventurous, add a splash of brandy:)

Enjoy and happy new year!

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 37
That sounds like so much fun especially the part about adding a splash of brandy. I can tell you I was given a bottle of the stuff for Christmas. Now I can use it. Thanks for the recipe.

All I need now are two more simple recipes for the main course.

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 47
Have you ever looked at the Taste of Home website? There are some great quick recipes there. The only difficulty would be trying to choose which ones you really want to try.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 37
Thank you all for the great recipe ideas. CW I went to the website and it solved the situation. I have my two extra choices ready and another cocktail. You were right there was so much to chose from I was giddy with excitement. Thanks again!

Logged Logged
Sandreline Moon
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re: Takeout or a home cooked meal? 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
You know, a really simple idea is pasta with meat sauce. You just cook a pound of hamburger, dump in the pasta sauce, and add pasta. You can add sides of beans and garlic bread to make it a rounded meal. It helps in a pinch.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.